Wednesday, December 29, 2010

18 months...nursery here we come!

My baby officially turned 18 months on Christmas day.
Miles is turning into quite a little character! He fits right in with the rest of my crazy boys. He loves to run and chase them all, wrestle, make messes, and drink lots of chocolate milk. Seriously, I think he is addicted to the stuff. He loves to carry around his blankie and it's still a struggle to get him to let go of his binki. His new game is run away and hide. He is quick too! He has figured out how to turn the water on to the bath tub, so I always have to make sure the bathroom door is closed. We are looking forward to church in this new year now that he will be able to go into nursery. We are hoping that the Sabbath really does turn into a day to worship, learn, and listen, instead of carry, chase, and try to make Miles not scream.

Miles is so full of life and energy. He never stops moving. He also is the messiest eater on the planet. The crazy thing is that he still isn't talking yet. Oh, he babbles lots of things, and he can understand everything I am saying to him. But for some reason, he doesn't want to form any words of his own. Should I be worried? I don't know yet. He is such a cutie though and makes us laugh a lot. He also is a trouble maker and makes me do a lot of extra cleaning and picking up. Oh well. I'm glad he is getting older and more independent. I couldn't do the newborn thing again. I am getting prepared for the potty training stage soon, and once that's over, it will be smooth sailing right?

Anyway, happy 18th month birthday Miles. I love you, crazy boy!

2 comments:

DottieLou said...

no you should not be worried. He has many people that talk for him... completely normal... Randys son has a 5th child same age... same deal with talking.. its all good...

Enjoy

Stephanie said...

Oh, Miles, you are such a funny, sweet, busy little boy! Those dimples make up for EVERYTHING naughty you do! I love you in your doggie pajamas!