Sunday, February 13, 2011

Birthday #34

This year my birthday happened to land on a Wednesday. Unfortunately, that didn't work out for me too well since I had school, meetings, and Young Women's that night. Fortunately, I was able to convince everyone to celebrate my birthday a day early with me on Tuesday. The fifth graders were going on a field trip to the symphony that morning, so I was able to take the day off work. I went to the gym, then came home and made an awesome birthday breakfast of homemade waffles before I sent all the kids out the door to school. I even still took Miles to the babysitter that morning. That left me with three hours to work on some YW stuff and go shopping, all by myself. After picking up Miles and Mason at noon, we met Mike at Super Salad for a birthday lunch.
That night, my parents, Mike's mom, my sister Tracy, my brother Steve and his wife Brenda, and my family all went to celebrate at "The Old Spaghetti Factory." This has been my favorite restaurant since I was a kid, and now my kids love it too. I was spoiled rotten with some fabulous gift cards that I can't wait to use.

The next day, on my "real" birthday, it was life back to normal. I even had to stay after school for an hour and a half meeting. Mike did get me a cake though, and that night before Young Women, I blew out the candles and made a wish. Then left while my boys devoured the cake.


We held our YW New Beginnings that night. Our theme was "Building on our Personal Progress." Our decorations were so cute and the girls did a great job. At the end they sang me a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday. Thanks girls!

To end the night, I went home and read all 45 Facebook happy birthdays. That was awesome and totally made my day.
So I've made it to 34. I'm still closer to 30 than 40. I still feel like I'm in my 20's. I have an amazing life and I'm blessed with so many wonderful experiences and opportunities. I couldn't ask for anything more!

3 comments:

Steve & Brenda said...

Loved this post Mere! We are so glad we could celebrate a bit with you.

Stephanie said...

How can YOU be 34 when it still feels like I'M 34??? Time is crazy that way! Glad you had a Happy Birthday, Mere. Love you.

DottieLou said...

I am glad your week was good