Friday, April 5, 2013

Some March Happenings

It was finally time to get rid of the "baby room" since I no longer have any babies. Mason and Miles share a room and when I asked them what they wanted their new room to look like, they picked "Rock Star!" Sounded good to me. We found some cute bedding at Walmart.com, painted the walls, and got some fun wall art from Hobby Lobby. To bring it all together, my sister-in-law made our rock star vinyl lettering. The boys love how it turned out!


 Turning the bedroom into a music room made me do some thinking about Mason. He has always loved music and dancing and has always seemed to have rhythm. This got me wondering if he might be ready, willing, and able to take piano lessons. He seemed completely excited at the chance to learn to actually play music, so we got him signed up right away with the best piano teacher we know!
 This is at his first lesson. His teacher is our Stake President's wife. Mitchel also took lessons from her for a few years (but he just didn't love the piano.) She is amazing and Mason looks forward to going each week.
 He is also a champ at practicing. No whining, no complaining (at least so far)
 Miles and I have been trying to spend a few afternoons outdoors before the other kids get home from school when the weather is nice. He loves blowing bubbles, playing baseball, and swinging. Even though I have a hundred other things I need to get done, I am trying to take the time to play with him as much as possible since he is my baby and I'll never get this time again.
 He is an amazing athlete already and hits the ball almost every time way over my head!
And then there was St. Patrick's Day. Since it was on a Sunday, the boys had nothing green to wear to church, but I did supply them with some green breakfast and snack items for the day. Mason was the only one around to get a picture of. 
The best thing that happened this March was the Easter baseball tournament Max was a part of in St. George, but that will be a whole other post. So glad that Spring is finally here!

3 comments:

Momma Dil said...

I'm glad you decided to keep posting. So fun to see! Your pictures and thoughts about Miles made me want to try harder with Avery too. You're a great mom, Meredith!

Stephanie said...

You're right-you'll never get this time back with Miles. I'm so glad you are spending special one-on-one time with him. He is such a JOY. All your boys are growing up, and NOW is the time to be with them-REALLY with them. I'm proud of the MOM that you are, Meredith.

Unknown said...

beautiful best punjabi naat 2017
beautiful best punjabi naat 2017