Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings





Well, since I am new to all this I am not sure how often to "blog" or who, if anyone will ever even look at this, here goes my next attempt. I am pretty sure my Mom will at least log on, so if for no one else, I will write for her. I thought since it is Thanksgiving and all I would spend a few minutes being grateful for the many blessings I have in my life. So here it goes, in no particular order.
1. I am thankful to be a mother of three amazing boys. They bring more joy and craziness into my life than I ever could have dreamed of.
2. I am thankful for Mike, who loves and supports me through everything and still makes me feel sexy and attractive, even if we have been married for 11 years.
3. I am thankful for amazing parents and Grandparents for my children. They still are the rock in my life and I am so grateful to live close to all of them.
4. I am thankful for the gospel, my ward, and my callings in the Church. Without all of that, life wouldn't mean very much.
5. I am thankful for all the basics, food, my house, my job, clothes, my health,etc. All the stuff that some people don't have enough of or have to go without.
6. I am thankful for good friends, those I talk to and see often, and those that I only talk to once in a while. All of you have a special place in my heart and bring something extra to my life.
7. I am thankful for my jobs that let me use the talents Heavenly Father gave me. I love teaching and I love making movies. Both are so much fun for me and give me a feeling of accomplishment.
8. I am grateful for restaurants and fast food because I hate to cook and pretty much everything I do cook is only so-so. For some reason, when someone else makes it, it tastes 10x better.
9. I am grateful for my age. I would never want to be a teenager again, even though sometimes I still feel like I am one, but yet I still feel young and like I have so much life to live. I am glad that I am a little older and wiser, and feel like I still have a lot more left to learn.
10. And to end this list, I am thankful for my life, which includes all the people in it. I feel really blessed to be who I am and to have what I have. Life if good, and it seems to only be getting better. Thanks to all of you who are a part of my life. I love you all!

12 comments:

christa said...

I love this post!! I'm so copying it!! And way cute pictures!!!! Who takes YOUR family pictures if you're not the one behind the camera? or is it just the timer? You guys all look so good.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Kari said...

Cute family pics! Except, who's the fat guy sitting next to you?!

Ha ha, welcome to the bloggin world. It's totally addicting. You'll find yourself confessing everything and talking about everything on your blog. It's great! Have fun!

DottieLou said...

cute photos... blog as often as you want ..

Wendy said...

Yay I love blogs! Now we can keep up with you too! Very great post by the way. I have been horrible about keeping up on our blogs this week just because I feel non-motivated. Oh and don't have any cute pictures, you have both!

Adrianne Miller said...

Blog as often as you want. If I blog about something and think, no one is going to care, it doesn't stop me, cause it's my blog, and I'll write whatever I want. It's mostly for us to just document the little things that happen.

Julz said...

I don't believe it!!! Meredith started a blog!! You're gonna really love it. And now I can finally see pictures of your cute kids!!
I really loved your Thanksgiving post. Your family is so beautiful and it's always so nice to think about everything you are thankful for.

Momma Dil said...

So far so good on the blogging! I'm proud of ya! This was a great post too. I should have done one like this...shame on me. Can I just say ditto? LOL

Tiff and Rand said...

I so agree. Good things to be thankful for...except you forgot one! Your hair stylist of course!!! Ha! Hey, you need to send me your email address so I can send you an invite!

DottieLou said...

hey...I saw your name on "the paper" in R/S ... I want to see that post. yyyeeeaaahhhh Harkers

Laurie D. said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Now I can keep up with your family better. I love the family pictures. We never have such successful shoots.

We load our truck today and fly out on Friday. I can't believe I'm coming back to Utah. Hopefully I'll see you soon.

Stephanie said...

Your "list" and pictures are beautiful. How I love you all!
MOM