Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 Week Old Baby

Here is the first photo of my 10 week old fetus! Isn't he/she the cutest blob ever! My first appointment was yesterday and so my doctor (Dr. Froerer, the best OBGYN ever!) does an ultrasound on the first visit to verify the due date and to make sure we are only dealing with one baby, which was luckily the case. My official due date is July 2.
I am so glad he did the ultrasound because I always feel better after I can see a real human in there and I don't just feel yucky for nothing. Luckily, the last few days, I have been feeling much better and am getting some of my energy back. I have really good pregnancies, so hopefully this one will follow the same pattern.
The question I've already been asked 50 times is, "So, are you hoping for a girl?" I respond by saying, "Hope doesn't help anything. It is what it is so I'll be happy with either one." And that really is the truth. Another boy would be awesome because I kind of know what I'm doing there, and a girl would be a whole new adventure. Either way, this is the final Harker child for us. (At least that is the plan.)
And for all of you that are reading this blog and making comments, I just want you to know that I love it. This really is a lot of fun so thanks for getting me started!

9 comments:

Kari said...

Looks like a girl to me!!! ;) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

christa said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! I had no idea you were pregnant! How fun. And ya know- this one's the last- I've heard THAT before!!! jk. That really is so neat- I'm excited for you!! I'll hope for a girl for ya. So far, I think girls are easier (we have yet to hit the teenage years though, so don't quote me on that later)

Wendy said...

Congratulations! It's so funny to me how people worry so much about what you are going to have. We have had so many people ask us "Are you guys going to ask for a girl this time." Um, if we were having them the good old fashioned way we couldn't so we'll take what we can get! Can't wait to meet the latest little Harker!

DottieLou said...

soooo fun... I am excited for you .. hang in there

Adrianne Miller said...

What a cute blob!

Momma Dil said...

I'm glad your appointment went so well. It's really happening! I'll hope for you too...that you'll have a healthy baby, boy or girl :)

Ashlee said...

YAY! I finally made it to your blog! congrats on crossing over to the dark side! I'm so jealous of your easy pregnancies. I hope this one follows suit! And yes, a very cute blob!

Stephanie said...

Hey, who's calling my future grandchild a BLOB??? Grandma Miller

Pat Harker said...

Hey Meredith, I love your new blog. We can hardly wait for your new little one.