Friday, April 16, 2010

FINALLY!

It has finally felt like Spring this past week. We took advantage of it today and went downtown to see all the beautiful flowers at Temple Square. It was perfect!

Once again our fabulous Aunt Tracy went with us to help with crowd control. It's a good thing too because Max managed to get himself lost in our first 3 minutes downtown. We parked at the Little America hotel planning to ride Trax the rest of the way. When the elevator came, Max hopped on while we waited for the people to come out. Before we knew it, the doors closed and took Max away before any of us could jump in there with him. Panic!! We ran up the stairs and told the front desk that the elevator had taken him to who knows where. They sent out an APB to the workers. Meanwhile Max rode all the way up to the 15th floor and got out to look for the stairs. When he started to cry a hotel worker found him and brought him back down to the lobby. Not the best way to start out our Temple Square experience, but luckily we managed to hang on to everyone after that. It was a lovely day and when we were leaving Mason said, "This is my favorite place in the whole world."

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh how I miss spring up here, it just doesn't happen! But I loved seeing your tulip filled pictures for sure, and what a panic with Max, I would have been beside myself. Glad nice people helped him and the rest of the day was a hit!

Laurie D. said...

Dangit! I almost took my kids to Temple Square yesterday. We went to the aquarium yesterday morning, but I thought it would take longer than it did. I ended up taking them to Gardner Village after that. I should have called you. I can't tell you how happy this weather is making me. I was getting so tired of the cold.

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful beginning to SPRING!
Glad you ALL made it home with no lost children!

Julz said...

SO cute!!! That reminded me of when we went and did the Temple Square pics together. And speaking of elevators... :)
Glad Max is okay!!

Steve & Brenda said...

Great photos Mere! Thanks a bunch for making me laugh-out-loud this morning reading that elevator story about Max. That is so funny! I am sure he will love this story when he is older.