Monday, April 26, 2010

Learning to Ride

We finally decided it was time to teach Max how to ride his bike. He got it last September for his birthday, but we hadn't found a chance to go test it out. Saturday we took the boys to the newly paved, flat church parking lot to give it a try. At first he was a little nervous, but started to get the hang of it a little. Dad was still never able to let go so it will take a few more practice sessions to get it. Mason also gave it a try on a little bike we bought from our neighbor's garage sale last fall. He loved it, but also couldn't keep his balance enough for dad to let go.
I'm hoping that they all get the hang of it soon so I can pull out my bike that I haven't ridden since before I had kids and maybe we can take some family bike rides. That would be awesome!

7 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

Good job Max! I love the picture of Mason too. So cute!

Kara Klc said...

I was a little relieved to see that it was Max and not Mason learning! We still pop Nikki in the bike trailer on our bike rides.I think this summer though we will have to get her her own bike and let her go (with the training wheels of course)!

The Vance Family said...

Umm... so how old is Max? My husband and I have felt like slikers because my soon to be 7 year old and soon to be 5 year old, both refuse to try to ride without training wheels? Tips? Pointers???

Steve & Brenda said...

Keep up the practice guys! You all look great on your bikes with your snazzy helmets! Safety first.

Pat Harker said...

Awwwwww, makes me want to get a decent bike and go biking with you all (when everyone learns how).
What a great family activity. Your kids will remember fun family bike rides for the rest of their lives. Thanks for being such good parents to my grandchildren :)

Christy Smith said...

Look out Jordan Parkway trail! He'll love being able to ride on his own. Do you guys have a bike trailer?

Stephanie said...

WOW! Max is getting to be such a BIG kid now! That will be fun when he and Mitchel can ride together. Keep practicing, Max! Love you.