Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thrilling Third Week of Summer

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE summer! I love having my kids home with me 24/7 and we can do whatever, whenever we want, or do absolutely nothing at all! The only problem with summer is that it is already going by too fast. I can't believe June is already almost over. Anyway, here is what we did on our third week of summer vacation:
Father's Day
The boys and I got up and made Mike breakfast in bed (blueberry muffins). Mitchel made him a cool breakfast tray out of Legos to serve them on. I gave Mike a hair trimming set. He has asked for one for years because he hates that I pay someone to buzz our boys hair. So hopefully, he will do it now. My Dad is the best dad in the universe. He is so much fun to be with and cares and takes care of all of us. He has supported me in all I've done my whole life and I will forever be grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with such an amazing Dad.
Tracy gave all the dads these huge chocolate metals that said "Number 1 Dad."
The Zoo
We spent a wonderful summer afternoon up at the Zoo. We loved this exhibit, especially the bats. My Nature's Nightmares are my boys (Ha-Ha)


Baptisms with the Youth
As a follow up to our camp theme "No Place Like Home" we took our girls to the temple to do baptisms. Because not as many girls were able to go as we hoped, I got to do baptisms as well. It has been a while since I've done that and I really enjoyed it.
Slip and Slide
We dug out the old slip and slide and found that is was still in working order. The kids spent hours on it two days in a row. Since my yard is on a hill, it worked out even better.
Cub Country
What a cool place this is for Cub Scouts! I got to go up with Mitchel for the first day of Cub Country and watch him participate in all things BOY! It was so much fun to watch him and I actually got a little emotional just wishing that he could stay nine and excited about everything forever. That place is pure joy for a nine year old boy.
Fort Frontier
Panning for Gold
Knot Tying
Bee-Bee Guns
Learning how to respect the flag
Miles' Birthday
My little baby turned one on the 25th. What a fast year this was. All the days went by in a blur and now here I am with my last baby, who is almost a toddler. I am so excited to have him grow up but at the same time, I want him to stay little forever. He has been one of my more crabbier babies, so I think he will be a lot happier once he can follow his older brothers around everywhere. He's so close to walking, but just won't take that first leap of faith. Soon though.
I didn't throw a big birthday bash like I did with my other kids (too busy). But we did go out for pizza with my parents and sister at "Mountain Mike's Pizza."
Then of course, there had to be the cupcake smash to celebrate his first birthday. He didn't disappoint, there was cupcake everywhere!
I love you Miles! I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you and how you will grow and change.
So that was Summer week three. We are having so much fun and enjoying spending time together. My boys are the best and I am so lucky to be their mom. I am so glad they get along and will play together and love one another. For week four, we are heading out for a week long camping trip to Mt. Rushmore. I am looking forward to spending the whole week with my family. I love them more than they could possibly know!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! You crammed a LOT into the third week of Summer! Looks like nothin' but FUN! On to JULY!
MOM

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We should get together! My baby just turned 2....so sad!!! =)

Steve & Brenda said...

These were some great photos and activities Meredith. What a fun summer...I am glad you get lots of time with your sons.