Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer-Week 5

This post is not going to go in order of the events that happened this week. A lot of the time was spent recovering from our week long vacation = laundry. We also went swimming at Murray pool which I did not take photos of. But, for the purposes of this post, I thought I would start with the most important events.
Mason's 4th Birthday My little sunshine and buddy turned four on Saturday. He is growing up so fast and is starting to act like a "big kid," with a little attitude thrown in every once in a while. We started the morning with birthday pancakes and presents from Mom and Dad.
That afternoon, we went to the District to see Toy Story 3. We all got teary eyed at the end and Mitchel, my softy, was bawling. But we all liked it. When we came out of the movie theater, our van wouldn't start! Ahhhh! Luckily my brother and sister-in-law were in the area and they came to rescue us. The jump they gave us didn't work, so they drove us home. Mike took off to find out what the problem was (bad battery) while I stayed home to get ready for the party. I even mowed the lawn!
We had all our family and cousins over for a fried chicken dinner. Yummy! Mike had rented a snow cone machine from his work and that was a hit as well.
Miles learned to Walk!
So I was hoping and hoping that Miles would be walking before our big camping trip, with no luck. But wouldn't you know it that two days after we came home he decided that NOW would be a good time to get the hang of it! So now he is walking all over the place and it is so cute to watch.
I also decided to see how he would do if I let him feed himself some oatmeal for breakfast. He loved it and started with the spoon, but eventually gave up and found it was faster to shove it in with his hands. What a mess!

Liberty Park
Even though I really didn't have time because I have about 100 projects I should be doing at home, I took the kids to spend an afternoon at Liberty Park. They played on the playground and on the splash pad and in the "rivers." This was the coolest picture I took there, so that is all I will post.
Another afternoon, some neighbor kids came over so we broke out the slip and slide again. Unfortunately, all the cool tricks and crazy moves these boys did were too much for the slide and it ended up tearing. It was fun while it lasted though.
This week I am taking a class on how to teach the reading program I will be teaching to 3rd grade next year. My kids will be splitting their time between Grandma Miller and Grandma Harker so I can attend. I'm starting to get stressed out about setting up a classroom and making sure I have everything ready to start the school year. Hopefully we can squeeze in a little more summer fun before that consumes my life.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, ALL THAT looked like FUN! Water and kids just go together, don't they? Miles is SO cute walking, and Mason is getting to be such a big boy-even with a little bit of attitude! I love them ALL.

Laurie D. said...

Good luck with all your planning and prepping for the new school year. I'm amazed at how well you juggle everything. In answer to your question on my blog, that was our niece and nephew who visited with Joel's parents.

So, our plans for getting together this summer aren't looking so good, are they? How about the last week in July? Do you have a free day then?

Christy Smith said...

Hooray for your big boys! They're growing up way too fast...I was just looking at Mitch on Sunday and thinking about seeing him walk in our first Sunday there as a little 2 year old. Crazy. Good luck with your new job and let me know if I can do anything to help or if you want to hang out!

Unknown said...

What a summer, right??? How fun! I am (just a little) jealous that you get to teach this year! I'm helping out a lot but not yet ready to go all the way back. You're kids are all so cute! I think our kids would get along really well...we should meet at a park for lunch or something!