Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wet, Wild Week #7

This was the week that I was determined to as little work as possible and just play with my kids. It ended up being one of the most fun, relaxing, entertaining, and special weeks we have had this whole summer. On Saturday, we filled up the kid pool and splashed around all afternoon.
Pretty soon the water guns came out and I was involved in one of the best water fights of my life. I felt more like a carefree kid in that moment then I have for a long time. The boys loved getting me soaking wet and I was laughing my head off. So fun!
Then on Monday, Aunt Tracy came with us to what I think, is the best water park in our area, Cherry Hill.



We could float around the lazy river forever!

My boys know how to cool off!


On Tuesday, we met one of my friends from High School and her boys at the Riverton/Herriman reservoir beach. What an awesome place to relax and feel like you are on vacation.
Mitchel made Miles his very own baby pool. What an awesome big brother!
Wednesday we headed out to the Kearns pool, which is one of the best values for your money you'll ever get! There is so much to do there for kids of all ages. We spent the entire day there swimming and splashing around.
(Mitchel isn't in this picture because he was too busy playing on the water slides.)

Max this year has finally mastered jumping off the diving board. He loves it!

Miles was having a great time in the pop up fountains.

My little fish!

The day tuckered Miles right out and so he took an hour nap while the other three kept playing. It was perfect!
Mike gave me an extra bonus this week by taking the oldest three boys camping in the Uintas. I would have loved to have gone, but I was signed up to do the 24th of July 10K. So, in order to avoid the parade, Mike decided to brave it by himself and have a "father and sons" adventure.
He took them fishing (no fish caught though) and hiking and showing them how to make the largest fire possible. (I never would have let them do that if I had been there!) Mike did a great job of keeping them all safe and warm, and I think he said he even had them brush their teeth once!
Miles and I on the other hand stayed home and played together and with my family. I ran the 10K and was very proud of myself!

I ran it in 53 minutes and placed #64 out of 257 in my age category. I was 1022 overall out of 2342 runners all together. I was thrilled with my time. My running buddy and I averaged an 8 minute mile, which is the fastest I have ever run before. I am now contemplating running another half marathon over Labor Day. We'll see. Then my family and I watched the parade and went out to lunch. That afternoon I got a 3 hour, uninterupted, peaceful nap! Awesome!
So it was one of those summer weeks that will live on in my memory forever. It was absolutely perfect and filled with so much sun and fun! I love spending time with my family and just being together with no pressure and with the sole purpose of just enjoying being together.
Now it is time to get to work. I only have 3 weeks until I have to be at the school for meetings and such, so the next few weeks will be spent making sure I have everything ready for my classroom. Hopefully we'll be able to have a few more summer adventures, but this past week was one I'll never forget!

3 comments:

DottieLou said...

you are having so many fun adventures. Gees I wish I had summers off...

Stephanie said...

What an AWESOME week! You and all the boys must have permanent wrinkles from being in the water so much! What wonderful memories you are making.

Steve & Brenda said...

It sure was fun to read about this amazing week you had! We are glad everybody is enjoying summer and staying safe. Keep on swimming!!! Yippee