Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dirt digging and Fair Fun

What do you get when you have dirt, a few kitchen spoons, and four boys? A big hole of course! My boys spent an entire Saturday digging a hole in the backyard, where they weren't supposed to, and made a lego fort with a moat. Pretty fun! And they worked together without fighting the entire time!


Monday night was family night at the Fair. My Dad and Tracy joined us as well . It was pretty crowded and for some reason, my boys were not all that impressed. We made them walk through all the animals and booths selling crap. They just wanted to ride the rides, but there is no way I was paying for them to ride those death traps.




The best part of the family night is the "All-you-can-eat" ice cream. You pay $3 extra dollars to get into this tent where they have Aggie ice cream, Dryers, Creamies, and Fat Boys, then you eat as much as you want. It was yummy and I think between all of us, we ate at least 10 fat boys. The name of that ice cream makes it all too obvious as to what happens after you eat it.


Over the summer the boys read 10 books each and were awarded some prizes for the fair. They got free admission tickets, a free drink, and one free ride. Finally when we were ready to leave we let them use their free ride. It took them a while to decide which one they would use it on.

Then they picked this octopus looking one. It was actually really cool and they were laughing and smiling the entire ride. So, in the end, they decided that the fair was pretty fun.

Other than that, we have just been busy with school, work, homework, and keeping up with everything. Life is going to just keep getting busier with me starting my "official" teaching this week, Max and Mason starting soccer and Mitchel starting basketball. Good times had by all!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was a pretty big hole those boys dug! If you let them, I think they could make a nice swimming pool in your backyard! So I guess the Fair was just fair-not that great, huh? Miles and I enjoyed our time together!

Steve & Brenda said...

Fun times you guys! We missed out on the Fair this year, just not in the mood I suppose.