Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm loving the weekends

Now that I am a working five days a week, I am totally understanding why everyone lives for the weekends. It's even better when you get an extra day off like we did on Friday. I don't want those kind of days to go to waste, so I took my kids to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum, a place we never made it to this summer.
We took our neighbor, Hank, with us. They all had so much fun posing like dinosaurs every time I took a picture.



Love all the hands on activities to do there.



My boys are awesome hunters. Look what they were able to take down!

Future paleontologists.
The other fun thing that we are now all involved in every weekend is sports. Mitchel had his first basketball game (no pictures yet) and Mason and Max are playing Taylorsville Rec soccer. Mike is the coach of Mason's team. Mason loves it and is actually quite good. In the two games he has played so far, he has already scored 4 goals.





(Don't you love Max's bony knees. I swear he is nothing but bones and joints!)

Happy boys! They are loving it and it is so fun to watch them play.

When we went home that afternoon I was again filled with such gratitude to be a mom to these amazing boys. I am so lucky that they are healthy and happy and able to participate in "boy" things. It is fun to sit on the sidelines and watch them. I am looking forward to hopefully many years of being the best cheerleader ever for the Harker team!

5 comments:

Laurie D. said...

I'm glad you are making the most of your weekends. I don't feel like we've been spending enough chill time together as a family. Once this soccer season is over and Joel's work eases up a bit, I'm hoping for a little more of that.

I'll be okay for the race, I was just really hoping to reach a point where it would be easier for me to run that far. We'll see how this week goes.

Pat Harker said...

I am so glad you take advantage of your free time to spend with your boys. What great memories they are going to have. Thanks for being such a good mom to my grandchildren.

Christy Smith said...

So fun! What cute boys! I love the one of Mason going for the soccer ball. I'm glad you're loving your job and the boys are loving their sports!

Steve & Brenda said...

So very fun! I hope we have the chance to see them play sometime soon. Let us know when/where their games are will ya? What a sporty family.

Stephanie said...

BONES AND JOINTS! Now THAT'S funny!!
And true! Love those boys!