Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh We've Got Trouble!


See this sweet, innocent face? Well, don't let it fool you. This kid is nothing but trouble! He is into EVERYTHING! I go into one room to clean up one mess, and come into the next room to find it all torn apart. Books, Tupperware, Kleenex, toilet brushes, nothing is off limits to this kid. His new favorite toy is the toilet. Mason went into the bathroom the other day and was freaking out because his socks got all wet. "How?" I asked only to find the bathroom floor covered with toilet water that Miles had splashed everywhere. Last night I came home from Young Women's to find every cupboard and drawer in the bathroom completely emptied with the contents strewn all around the house. (Yes, nice babysitting Mike!) And right now as I am typing this he is throwing a soccer ball all around the office and knocking things of the desk. He has also started throwing some pretty good temper tantrums by flopping down on the floor and grinding his nose into the carpet. The other night we went to get our family Christmas photo at Target. The family shot went well, but when I wanted just one with the boys, Miles wouldn't have any of it and flopped right onto the floor and started bawling. A few weeks ago I got a call from a dispatcher at 911 asking if I had an emergency at our house. Apparently Miles was playing with the phone and dialed 911.

Of all my boys, this one is by far the most spirited and demanding. He climbs on everything, wants to be picked up, then gets mad and wants to be put down. Most the time I don't think he even knows what he wants. He sure is giving me a run for my money.

But despite it all, he is super cute and can be pretty funny. The other boys laugh at him all the time, which might explain why he continues his "naughty" behavior. He LOVES the reaction he gets from the older three. Everyday is an adventure with him, that is for sure!


7 comments:

DottieLou said...

whats up with the number 4 kid... wish you the best

Stephanie said...

With that sparkle in his eye and that dimple in his cheek, Miles will have no trouble charming the world!!He is just adorable, funny and very adventurous. What more could you want in a BOY! I adore him!

Stephanie said...

P.S. It's NOT called babysitting if you're watching YOUR OWN kids!! It's called being a mom or dad!!

Stephanie said...

P.S.S. Yesterday Miles unloaded our outdoor cabinet of all its weed killer, windshield washer fluid, planting tools, lawn food, rose bush dust, and pots-all in about three-four minutes as I was sitting on the porch glider! That kid is FAST!!

Supershepherds said...

Wow. I bet it's exhausting. He sure is a cutie though.

Pat Harker said...

Oh yeah .... I also know first hand how busy he is. When I've had him at my house, he is in to everything too. But what a cutie, we sure love him and his brothers to.

Steve & Brenda said...

Wow Mere, I had no idea that the "last" one would be the most trouble. I wonder if Michael was like this in our family? Good luck with that cute kid!