Saturday, June 4, 2011

Goblin Valley/Little Wild Horse Canyon

Goblin Valley is one of the coolest and weirdest places I have ever been. It really looks like an alien planet.
(why Miles won't look at the camera, I have no idea. I think he inherited that from his Grandma Harker)

It is such a cool place to explore. We love climbing all over the hodo formations and finding caves and such to play in. We spent a half a day here just climbing around.







That evening, we went on another hike to nowhere. We were supposed to find an arch, but never did. Here we are taking a break.



The next day, we spent the morning hiking Little Wild Horse canyon. This is a very cool slot canyon that gets pretty narrow in places.







My kids always think it's time for a snack break every ten minutes on a hike. Here are some of the "power snacks" I bring them, Fruit Roll-Ups, Pringles, and Slim Jims. Yeah, I know, really healthy huh!


This is my favorite picture of all. You can really tell how water and flash floods have formed this canyon. Very cool!


Mason is one tough little dude!


We had a great time over Memorial Weekend. The weather was windy, but nice. Summer has officially begun!!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Your family does such a great job getting out and about. I need to be more like you! Camping and babies don't mix very well in my mind right now, but I should probably just suck it up and get on with it, shouldn't I? The kids aren't getting any younger!

Those pictures were great, that slot canyon looks really cool. DId you feel claustrophobic at all though? Your boys are going to have some great childhood memories to look back on. Blogs are great!

DottieLou said...

fun times

Stephanie said...

What amazing pictures! Just looking at those slot canyons gives me claustrophobia! That is a beautiful part of this state!

Unknown said...

How fun! We need to go there! How's your summer going???

Jen said...

Where did you camp when you were down there???

Christy Smith said...

We've been wanting to camp at Goblin Valley for a long time. Brian and I stopped by on our way down to our Wilderness class, but we just got a glimpse. It looks amazing and so much fun! I'll have to talk to you about it and you can tell me all the best things to see/do!