Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread Houses with Grandma

What would we ever do without Grandma Miller? Last Christmas she bought these awesome gingerbread house kits on clearance and gave them to me to save for this year. They were in perfect shape and so for a Friday afternoon activity we thought we would but them together. The best part was that Grandma Miller showed up at our door at the very minute we were getting them out, so she stayed to help us put them together! So much fun!
We have learned in past years to NOT try to use frosting to stick the walls and roof together. Instead we use hot glue and everything stays together perfectly. Then we have tons of frosting to put on all the candy.

It's fun to have all my boys at an age where they all can participate and they all think it is fun, even Miles. He was very proud of the buttons and eyeballs he put on his gingerbread man.

Here are our finished products. We couldn't have done it without Grandma's help, so we are so glad she stopped by.It made the afternoon much more fun (and much less stressful for me!)


Good job Harker boys!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That WAS fun! I'm glad I just happened by for a visit with my favorite boys! Those gingerbread houses were such a good deal AFTER Christmas.

Adrianne Miller said...

Hot glue is a genius idea! I will try that next year!