Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Canyoneering in Zion


 Nothing is better than a little getaway with my hubby. We spent 3 perfect days in Zion National Park celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. It was a trip we had been looking forward to for months. Mike had found a WONDERFUL bed and breakfast online for us to stay in. It was right next to the entrance to the park, the room was beautiful, modern, and comfortable, and the breakfast each morning was to die for.
 Our first adventure was hiking up to the top of Angel's Landing. We had done this hike years ago, before we had kids, and have been wanting to go back for a long time. There is no way we would take our kids on this hike, since one of them would probably push their brother off, so it was fun to do it just us.
 After a very steep hike up, the view from the top is spectacular.
 Our next adventure was walking through the Narrows a little bit. I had brought water shoes and Mike had his Tevas, but we would have been able to go a lot farther if I would have had better shoes. You walk on bowling ball size boulders the whole time and after a while my feet were killing me. It was pretty though.
 But our grandest adventure was our day long Canyoneering experience! We used "Zion Adventure Company" and got a guide to take us to one of the coolest repelling canyons ever. We hiked up a canyon quite a way and then got to do 7 different repels to get back down. It was AMAZING! Who knew that backing of a cliff would be so fun!


 We did all sorts of repels off different size cliffs. The longest was 110 ft down. I was so proud of myself that not only did I not freak out, I actually really enjoyed it and had a blast!

 The longer I'm married, the more I realize that couples HAVE to get away sometimes to just enjoy being together. It gives us a chance to refocus on our relationship and fall in love all over again. We had a wonderful time spent in one of the most beautiful places on earth!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So glad you have each other to share life's adventures. Keep falling in love!