Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jam Packed July

I have more photos for July than anyone would ever want to see, but I put the highlights of the month on this post starting with the 4th of July. We have an annual tradition to watch fireworks at Murray Park with both the Millers and Harkers. It was a perfect evening.
 Mason celebrated his 6th birthday. He is still the sunshine in my life and is turning into the sweetest, most polite, kind boy you've ever met. He's also pretty great at busting a move when the music gets him going. He is so dang cute!
 It was a really low key birthday with all the other busy things we were doing this month, but we did have a small pizza party with Grandparents and some aunts and uncles.
 We tried out a new place called "Hang Time" in Orem. This place is awesome and boasts the largest trampoline arena in the west.

 I took the kids downtown for a day at the Children's Museum. This was a good bonding time for my kids and their new cousins.
 After the museum, we walked down to the Gateway pop-up fountains to splash around.
We have two cute neighbor boys across the street that come over a lot to play with my boys. This afternoon we pulled out the blow up pool. By the end of this play date, the pool was popped, but good times were had.
 My brother and sister-in-law live in Orem and they invited us down for lunch and a swim in their local pool.
 I'm loving the underwater camera I got Mike for Father's Day. He hasn't used it at all, but I sure have!

My friend Julie came up from Arizona for a visit with her family so we were able to get together one morning for an outing to the Bingham Copper Mine to see the big tires and the big hole in the ground. This really is an educational adventure and we enjoyed learning about this company and all they contribute to the Utah economy.

 Because of some discount passes I'd bought on KSL Deals, we were able to spend a day with our cousins at Cowabunga Bay for the first time. This is a great water park for my kids ages.


We continued our annual tradition of the 24th of July parade.
 Later that same night we went to the Bees game. We were hoping to stay for the fireworks, but the game went too long so we left early and didn't get to see them.
 We met up with Buzz though.
It really is fun that Tracy has this amazing family now that we get to go play with. Planet Play also had a deal on KSL so we spent a Family Home Evening playing games, eating pizza, challenging each other to Laser Tag, driving go-carts, and just having a great time together.
I love spending time seeing all the sights in our own backyard, so another afternoon we took the Trax train downtown to visit the Church History Museum. I was so proud of my boys when the volunteers asked them questions about the church or the BofM and they totally knew the answers.
On our way back to the Trax train, we walked through City Creek for the first time. It was beautiful! We stopped at the fountains and the Disney store, and then just as we were about to go back to the train we saw the Cheesecake Factory. I decided a dessert date with my boys would be just what we needed! We ordered an Oreo Supreme cheesecake that was so yummy and rich. We loved it!

Am I the luckiest Mom on the planet or what??!! Not only are my boys handsome, smart, funny, and a joy to hang out with, they like to hang out with me and with each other too! We have such a great time and I feel so blessed to have them in my life. Talk about joy!!! July was one party after the next and I am grateful that I have these memories to look back on for a long time. I love my life!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Your posts always make me happy and remind me that there is most definitely joy in being a mother!

Stephanie said...

Yes, you ARE one of the luckiest moms ever! And one day, those boys of yours will realize that THEY were the luckiest BOYS ever to grow up with YOU!

Laurie D. said...

You have so much energy to take your boys to all of those fun places. You know how to pack the fun into summer!