Friday, September 11, 2009

Fun at the Fair

Last night was opening day at the Utah State Fair so they had a deal where kids 5 and under were free and everyone else was only $2. So Tracy and I took the kids down to see the sights. Max was not too happy with me because I wouldn't fork over any money to let them ride the rides. First of all they are death traps, and second, we will be going to Disneyland in just a few weeks and they can ride all they want there. But we did get this cool picture of the rides at night.
Instead, we saw other cool things like this real race car. Max said, "That isn't a real race car...look at all the crap in it!" (he was talking about all the poles and safety stuff that is in it instead of seats) And yes...I am teaching my children to use wonderful vocabulary like "crap."
We saw lots of animals. Mitchel thought this was the first time he had seen a sheep that close up.

The cows are actually my favorite....to eat I mean! But they are amazing animals and I can't believe how big their butts are! Here they are lined up from smallest to biggest, just like my boys.
Of course, what is the fair without the food? Tracy decided to try the deep fried pickle. We debated trying the deep fried Twinkie or Oreos, but thought we would both be better without them.

We did have "bushels of fun" at the fair. It was a nice night to enjoy it. We also saw a fun ventriloquist and old people in their big, bushy skirts doing square dancing. We were never able to find the produce display of big pumpkins and squash, which is usually my favorite part of the fair.
I just thought this was a funny picture of Miles. I feel bad that he is never in our other pictures (like at the fair) because he just hangs out in his stroller. I tried to get him to smile in this picture with his cool, sticky up hair, but I could only get his big eye surprised look. You probably can't tell in this picture, but we are thinking that he has blue or green eyes. All my other boys have brown. We shall see if they stay light.

2 comments:

Steve & Brenda said...

What a fun time at the fair! Brenda and I are going to go tonight and see it for ourselves! Maybe I will sample the deep-fried Oreo. Brenda will get the pickle (she loves pickles).

Stephanie said...

What could be more fun than a night at the Utah State Fair! All the animals, the fun food, the lights, the smells(see animals for that!) and of course, the People Parade...now THAT'S entertainment!!