Saturday, October 17, 2009

I swear...

I will never spend this much money on Halloween costumes again, but this year it was totally worth it!!! My boys are so into Star Wars right now and I couldn't help it when I saw these awesome costumes at Target. I know it won't be long till Mitchel doesn't want to dress up in these cute (and not scary) costumes, so I thought this was the year to get us all on the same theme. Here we have some heroes and some villains. If you can't tell who I am, I am Padme Amidala. Mike is a Clone Trooper (no costume required).
My Star Wars troop. May the Force Be With You!!!
Master Yoda.
( I couldn't help buying this one! Look how cute he is with those big ears!!)
Obi-Wana Kenobi
(The Force is Strong with this one!)
My little Ewok.
(Adorable!)
Darth Vader
(And don't let that sweet face fool you. He does have a Dark Side to him)
They all have had a blast dressing up and having light saber fights. I love seeing them running around just being boys. They have awesome imaginations and love making up all sorts of stories and battles. They check out Star Wars books from the library and love playing Star Wars on the play station. I know this obsession won't last forever, so I thought I would go for it this year. I think it was well worth it. In the future, if any of your kids want to be a Star Wars character, please feel free to borrow these from me.

7 comments:

DottieLou said...

how fun

Christa said...

I LOVE IT!! Way cute Meredith!! If my kids would let me do a theme, I'm sure I could spend a lot more than I should. That is just so awesome. Turned out way cute!

Stephanie said...

I wish YODA lived at my house! I would always be smiling! And that little EWOK? LOVE HIM! And the other Star Wars BOYS DEFINITELY have the FORCE with THEM!! What a great Halloween line-up. Are you going to Trick-or-Treat at MY house??
Grandma M.

Laurie D. said...

So cute! I tried to do this theme one year with my family, but the girls just wouldn't go for it. I'm still not sure what we're doing for costumes this year. I'd better pull it together quickly.

Nate and Kristin said...

How cute!!! I love all the pictures and the trees are beautiful as wel! Where did you take them at? That looks like so much fun. The nice thing with those is they can play "dress up" with them so they wont just get used on Halloween! You are so creative and have such a cute family! I can't wait till we can do dress up themes with our kids!!And I think your right, it will totally be worth it later on!

Steve & Brenda said...

Awesome. Just plain awesome. It's great the boys love Star Wars as much as I did as a kid, and still do. They look authentic, especially Max with the Vader helmet on-WOW! Trick-or-Treat indeed!

Ashlee said...

That is so cute! Especially The Yoda and the Princess Laya! (isn't that every man's fantasy?!) Haha
So cute!
Thank you so much for taking our pictures, we really love them!