Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Best Date Ever!

I got to sit by the cutest boy in the entire Energy Solutions Arena this past Monday...my cute date MAX!
Mike had gotten two tickets from his boss at work, but he had his own basketball game that night, so instead, Max volunteered to be my date for the evening. He really likes basketball and we were both so excited to go. Our seats were behind the opposing team bench, row 17. Great seats!


I always smuggle in my own popcorn. No way am I paying $7.00 for a bucket. Max was happy with that.
The game was so exciting! The Jazz were ahead for almost the entire game until the last few minutes. Then the 76rs caught up and the game ended up going into overtime. Max and I were jumping up and down, yelling and screaming.

Across the court from us, in the very front row, were my brother Steve and sister-in-law Brenda. She had also been given tickets to the game that night. During the exciting part of the game, Bear came and sat down next to them and I got this cool photo of them cheering together.

The Jazz finally ended up pulling out the win in overtime. Max loved watching the confetti fall from the ceiling. We had so much fun together. He was a great date because he actually talked to me, cheered with me, yelled with me, danced with me, laughed with me, and kept telling me how much fun he was having. I don't get to spend time with my children one-on-one very often, so this was such a special time to spend with Max and see his personality. I think he is going to grow up loving basketball as much as his dad. He is so charming and fun to be with and I am sure in the future, he will make an awesome date for some lucky girl!

4 comments:

Steve & Brenda said...

What a great date!! We were happy to get to have a date as well and see you there with us. It was a blast! Great photos of you two, and us with Bear. Love it!

Unknown said...

fun times... you both look super happy

Stephanie said...

I'd call that a PERFECT date! Max is so dang sweet. I loved the pictures.

Unknown said...

You are a lucky girl! That's fun.