Sunday, March 27, 2011

Time Together

Mitchel's Date Night

Max had his date with mom last week, so this week it was Mitchel's turn. Mitchel got a date with both of his parents. We started the evening at Wingers, both mine and Mitchel's favorite restaurant. What can we say, we LOVE the Winger's creamy amazing sauce! Yum!


Next, it was off to Kingsbury Hall for a production of "The Boxcar Children." Mitchel has read almost every single one of these books and loves them. The play was based around the first novel where the kids run away and make their home in a railway boxcar.


These were the actors. It was performed by kids who take acting classes at the U after school. I've always thought that Mitchel would love the theater and acting. When he was in second grade, his class did a performance of the "Frog Prince" where Mitchel was the frog, and he was really good! Since then, I've tried to talk him into trying acting. After seeing this play, I think he might be interested. He absolutely loved every minute of it. His smile went from ear to ear all night and he leaned over to me several times saying, "This is so exciting," or "I love this Mom."


When the play was over, he said, "I want to see more plays Mom." I asked him if he thought he might want to be in one and he said that he would. Taylorsville Rec Center has a drama club called "Up With Kids" so I might try to get him involved in that. It was a wonderful date night and we all had a fabulous time.

Going Green

Thought I might as well put in the St. Patrick's Day pictures I took.

Grandpa and Grandma came to visit that night bringing us a huge tub of popcorn. Notice how Grandpa wasn't wearing any green. He got pinched several times!

Afternoon Mess

One day after school this week, I was trying to clean up the kitchen. It was cold and snowy outside, so Mason and Miles were a little bored. I had the brilliant idea to get out paint for them to play with. If my goal was to clean the kitchen, then I failed miserably! It just got a whole lot messier.


(Look at Miles' amazing eyelashes! They are so long)
Miles tried really hard at first to keep the paint on the paper, but after a while, painting himself was much more fun. After this little art project it was off to the tub. Needless to say, I didn't do much house cleaning that day, but no worries, there is always tomorrow!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Going to plays is SO fun~I'm really glad Mitchel had such a good time! It would be great getting to see HIM in a play someday! I also loved the picture of Miles and Mason painting together...they look so MUCH alike! Both beautiful, handsome boys with eyes that melt my heart! Love them!

Edineice Pratti L. Gomes said...

congratulations to all of you, the family is the most important thing in the world, beautiful family, God bless you guys, I loved the photos, I'm from Brazil, I hope to always visit your page.

Steve & Brenda said...

Mitchel as a thespian, that just might work! It is good to appreciate the arts so all the power to him. I haven't heard of the Boxcar kids, sounds interesting.