Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh the Fun We Have!

I have a promise in my patriarchal blessing that says I "will walk the streets of New Jerusalem, unhampered by regrets." Maybe because of that statement, I have tried to live my life with no regrets. I never want to look back on my life and say, "I wish I would have done that." That is especially true when it comes to spending time with my kids. When they get too old to hang out with their mom, I don't want to look back and wish I would have spent more time with them, or done more fun things with them, or just enjoyed them more. So, I am living in the now and taking advantage of the time I get to spend with them in their childhood. I mean look at them! They are so adorable and really there is no one on the planet I would rather hang out with than my four boys! Here are some of the fun things we have done together over the last few weeks. We got a Friday and Monday off of school in February for President's Day. We spent the Friday at a place called "Airborne" in Draper. The whole place is covered with trampolines with different areas to goof around in.

We played dodge ball in one area. Max and Mason have pretty good throwing arms and hit me way more times than I hit them. It was a riot!

We also spent time playing tag and jumping off the trampolines into a pit full of foam squares. I got the best workout of my life and my legs were sore the next day from so much jumping. We will definitely be going here again!

On Monday, we went to the Jean Fullmer Recreation center to their indoor pool. I wish the water would have been about 10 degrees warmer, but we had fun splashing around. Mitchel and Max loved the water slide. It made us all look forward to summer when we will be able to swim outside.

At the last Cub Scout pack meeting, Mitchel received his Bear award. Right now, Mike is his Bear leader which makes it extra special for Mitchel. He is enjoying working on his achievements and hopes to get some arrow points before he turns 10.

I am loving Facebook. I have become a "fan" of Salt Lake City and so they show different things going on around the valley. One of the things advertised was free Saturdays up at the Fine Arts Museum up at the U of U. Each Saturday has a different theme. The first Saturday in March was "air" so we took the kids up. We first went to a lecture about weather forecasting. That was cool for Mitchel because he had been studying this in fourth grade science. He knew all the answers.

They also had a room where the kids could make kites. We worked really hard on them.

Then we went outside to test them out. Unfortunately, there wasn't much wind, so we will have to wait for another day to really test them out.

I absolutely love spending time with my boys. They are so full of energy and wonder and make any outing an adventure. I love that I get to have the experience of being a mom. Another line in my blessing says, "You will know the joy of motherhood." I have to say that being a mom is a joyful experience. They are the light of my life and I am so grateful for every moment.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I thought this was a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts and perspective on motherhood..it helps me want to be better!

Christy Smith said...

Looks like so much fun! We'll definitely have to try the Airborne place! We can't wait for summer either...

Stephanie said...

What a fun few weeks! I love the picture of all the boys in their Sunday best! And don't you love how Miles just joins in on all the fun-not wanting to miss anything?! I'm SO glad you are finding the JOY, Meredith. Love you.

DIARIO ECLÉTICO said...

Família é tudo nessa vida felicidades.

DIARIO ECLÉTICO said...

família é tudo..

Steve & Brenda said...

Those sure are some fun activities you all have participated in as of late. You are very blessed Meredith.