Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Loving September

The weather this September has seemed absolutely perfect to me and a great way to wind down the summer. A few weeks ago, we got a Friday off of school, so to me that means it's time for an outing. We spent the morning running errands with my sister, then took a drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon to explore around Silver Lake. I was hoping for some fall colors, but the leaves hadn't changed quite yet.
My boys are so lucky to have such an awesome Aunt and I am lucky to have such a good friend who will come and hang out with us! We all love you Tracy!
I needed to get a picture of Max to display at his baptism. I love how the sun is sparkling off the water.

There are docks out on the lake that people come and fish off of. Right when we came by, two men caught fish at the same time. They let my boys real them in and touch the fish. Mason was so excited. He had never touched a real, live, squirming fish before!


The men said we could keep them, but since we didn't have anywhere to put them, we just threw them back in the lake. I hope they survived.




It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon. I am so glad we live so close to the mountains and can enjoy them whenever we want.


(As a side note, the next weekend we drove up this same canyon while listening to General Conference and ALL the leaves had changed to a bright, golden yellow. Apparently, I was just a week too early for the photo shoot with my boys.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved September, too, and I'm sorry to see the winter come. Your pictures with the kids and Tracy are so cute. Silver Lake is such a pretty spot. Glad you could go there before the snow flies! MOM