Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Classroom - Before and After

This is what my classroom looked like at the beginning of August when I first went in.
BEFORE



 AFTER
This is what it looked like at the end of August after my Mom and I put up bulletin boards and got everything looking nice and cute.
 The place with the mountains is my reading center. Every time a student reads a book, they get a die-cut tree to put up with their name and the name of the book they read.
 If you were a student in my class, this is the view you would be seeing most of the time.
 My desk.
 My birthday bulletin board. On your birthday you get to use one of the M&M dispensers to get a handful of M&M's.
 I'm ready to go. I can't wait to meet my 5th and 6th graders. I feel like I have done everything I can to prepare for them. I feel so blessed that I got this job. I'm looking forward to an awesome year!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lucky teacher! Lucky kids! You'll all have a wonderful year.

Nate and Kristin said...

CUTE!! What a fun class room! Reading this post makes me regret a little that I didn't continue in the direction of teaching - and then I remember why I did!! I LOVE your reading area idea with the trees and your Birthday board. Your kids will be so lucky to have Mrs. Harker! Hope You have a great school year~