Friday, January 23, 2009

January Stuff

Well, here we are in January and there's not been too much excitement at the Harker house, so not a lot to blog lately. I was able to film two weddings this month. This first one is of my cousin. This second one was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever had! Her name is Brooke and I did her sister's wedding a couple of years ago. The snow falling that day made for wonderful pictures. It was pretty cold, and as you can see, her dress was short sleeve. She never complained once and we kept her out doing pictures for at least an hour and a half. She stayed absolutely beautiful the entire time. Her nose didn't even get red! (And my nose was running like crazy because of the cold!) So this video is going to turn out awesome!
And yes, the bathroom did get done! My wonderful sister Tracy came over to help me paint and decorate. She has an amazing knack for decorating homes (you should see hers! It's like a model home!) So luckily I get to use her talents for free and she turned my bathroom into my most favorite room in my house. We still have many more projects to finish around the house, but it feels good to at least have one done!


And the last thing I can think to write about is I have been made the Young Women's President in our ward. I've been the first councilor for two years and so it isn't all brand new to me. We have a good group of about 15 girls and I have wonderful ladies to serve with. The only bummer is I probably won't be able to go to camp since my new baby will only be about 2 weeks old then. Oh, I find out what I am having on February 9th (my birthday) So I'll keep you posted on that!

8 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Florile au un limbaj aparte. Cat de incantator ar putea sa vorbeasca un tanar iubitei sale fara sa foloseasca cuvintele!

Laurie D. said...

Okay. I don't understand the comment above (my guess is that you don't either). But, I'm sure they said something like, "You're bathroom looks awesome. Great job!" I can't wait until I can decorate my own home again...some day...not right now...because I'm maxed out with everything else.

Good luck with your new calling.

Julz said...

I think that the comment above said, "Wow- those brides really are beautiful and you are a really great photographer! Will you take my pics?" And the bathroom looks really great!! Oh-and I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job as YW Prez. They're lucky to have you!

DottieLou said...

bathroom looks great... can i hire your sister for free.. just kidding ...

Stephanie said...

Wow, Meredith! Your bathroom photos look like they came out of a home decorating magazine! I love all the accessories and the plants! It's just beautiful! It was a long time coming, but sooo worth it! Love you. MOM P.S. Thanks, Tracy, for sharing your talents and decorating "eye!"

Momma Dil said...

Don't forget to have your special helper review your videos for cuteness. Your bathroom looks just as cute in the photos as it did in person! You'll have to tell Mike how all your lady friends love the solely-there-for-eye-appeal decorations too.

Kelly L said...

Hey Meredith,

Cute bathroom! I saw your link on Laurie's blog, so I thought I'd check out the Harker family and see how you all were doing. I'm so excited for your new baby and can't wait for you to find out what it will be. Your boys are all so big and you have such a cute family. Good luck with the new calling--you must be a super busy lady!

Emily said...

Now I can see why you guys were at IKEA! Love the decorations, right up my alley, maybe I should consider flying you and Tracy up to Alaska to help me decorate my house when the time comes! SO HAPPY we ran into you (and Michael) today. Your family is beautiful and so are YOU! It will be fabulous keeping in touch this way...can't wait!