Wednesday, March 4, 2009

24 weeks and counting...

Well here I am at 24 weeks and can I just say that I feel awesome! This has been by far my best pregnancy ever! I'm pretty sure it's because I have still been going to the gym 5 times a week, every week, throughout this entire pregnancy. I am so lucky to have two gym buddies, Claire and Sherry that keep me going. I drive every morning, so I know that if I don't get up and go, they'll be standing at their doors waiting for me to come. That is major motivation for getting up at 5:30 every day. Some of the positive effects exercising is that I have had virtually no heartburn. With the other three pregnancies, I ate at least two bottles of Tums each. I also haven't had those yucky pains down the back of my leg. (I don't know what it's called but something about a nerve that gets pinched or something. I had that with Mason.) I also have had good energy to keep doing all my daily things and work and stuff. I still take naps as often as I can though. Another good thing is that I am having awesome dreams at night. They are the weird, fun ones that make you think about them through the day and they make you smile. (And some are those really fun dreams, if you know what I mean!)
Anyway, I am loving being pregnant for what I think is the last time. I am trying to enjoy it and savor every kick and movement inside me.
Oh, I think we have also picked a name for him...
Miles Miller Harker
Mike has liked the name Miles for a while and it is gradually growing on me (especially when I've looked on line and all the other M names are stuff like Melvin or Mo) So our options were limited and so Miles it is. Miller is my maiden name and I just wanted to use it somehow.
I've already been going through all the baby clothes, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, towels, bottles and other baby items I have. I think Miles already has pretty much everything he needs, except socks. For some reason, I have no baby socks. Weird! I've already set up the crib too. So now we just wait.

9 comments:

Kari said...

Melvin or Mo? How come you didn't like those names?! LOL....

hendricks14 said...

You look fabulous!!! It is amazing the difference in being in shape and pregnant. I am glad to hear someone else takes naps during the day. I can't function without them. Tell Kirsti to send me an invite to her blog. It is fun to find out about your cute family! JEN

DottieLou said...

Miles is cute... good choise...

Wendy said...

Love the name Miles! I am so glad you guys started a blog, I love keeping up with everyone! Tell sherry I miss reading her blog now that it's private. . .

Momma Dil said...

That was a good, inspirational post for me. 5:30...really? Ugh...

Emily said...

You DO look great...I wish I had the willpower to exercise 5 days a week without being pregnant! Instead I just eat chocolate cake and tell myself life is good! Love the name Miles too.

Ashlee said...

Ahh good for you! I will on the other hand, continue to be lazy and pregnant and soak up all the non-exercise I can get because I know I will have to majorly hit it when this one pops out!!! I do like the name Miles and so does Jon so now you have our permission!!! You needed it right? Love Max's face, so cute! Of course it is to me!

Julz said...

I'm so glad everything is going so smooth in your pregnancy! I think about you a lot and keep telling myself I need to call and check up on you. Thanks for keeping me posted on your blog!!

Emily Gray Clawson said...

Miles is a great name! You are so great to keep exercising so faithfully. It really does make a substantial change in how you feel day to day (I'm learing - lol). You look amazing!