Thursday, June 4, 2009

The End Is In Sight!

I scheduled my induction date at my Dr.'s appointment today. We have June 25th, but honestly, I don't think Miles is going to wait that long. He is already very low and I'm effaced 60% and dilated to a 1. I know that doesn't seem like much but I'm only in week 36. So I am betting that Miles will come early on his own. We already have a ton of June birthdays and other occasions in our family in June, so hey, what's one more?
Other things I've been thinking of lately is how sometimes I wish I could just freeze time, at least when it comes to my kids. I wish they would all stay at the ages they are right now. Mitchel has had such a great year in second grade. He had a teacher who loved him and taught him some of the most amazing things. His reading has gone from good to amazing and academically, he has done awesome. He's also learned some good social lessons this year and has done a better job of making friends and controlling his temper.
Then there's Max. I've loved having him home with me most of the time to run errands with. He's my WalMart, Target buddy (as long as we always get to look in the toy section). He helps push an extra cart around WalMart on those BIG shopping trip days. He too has grown so much this year (2-3 inches I'd say) and gotten so smart, especially with numbers and Math. I love how he is such a little brother when Mitchel is around and turns into the big brother with Mason as soon as Mitchel is gone. (And can tease like no other!)
And Mason. I know I've said it before, but he is just my little sunshine! He has such unconditional love for me and can make me smile no matter what. I love his little voice and how he says certain words without the correct beginning sound. He can entertain himself with just about anything but loves most to be doing what ever I'm doing, even when I'm fixing my hair. He wants to be just like his older brothers, and for the most part they let him. He is so fun to take on my errands with me because he loves just to be along for the ride. I don't even have to bribe him with treats or anything!
Anyway, I know time can't stand still, but there sure are times when I wish it could. I'm so excited to be home with my boys this summer and just play and explore with them. I was thinking the other day that Mitchel is just about half way to his mission. Can that really be possible? Sometimes I think it's a cruel joke Heavenly Father is playing on us that the whole point of having children and loving them is just so they can grow up and be on their own. And then even more cruel that it happens so fast!
So those were just some thoughts I was having this week about my kids. Maybe it's all these hormones that are making me so sentimental.

8 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

I guess when it's the 4th baby, they come a little easier. I was dialated to a 1 all morning of the day Jack was born. I envy your baby's abillity to come on his own!

Kari said...

Let us know when baby Miles comes! Can't wait!

Julz said...

You look great!! I can't wait to meet that little guy!!

Wendy said...

Roman was supposed to be born June 25 too. He came a few days early, June 20 (2 years ago, seriously what happened to the past 2 years????) June is a great month for a birthday though. We had a fun inflatable pool party last year, this year we are having a pirate party, and I can just make everyone stay outside because it's warm. . .can't wait to see your little Mr Miles!

Stephanie said...

I don't think you are just being "sentimental" - I think you are getting a little older and realizing just how quickly the child-raising years go - and I'm glad you are trying to enjoy each stage of it.
It really is over all too quickly!
MOM

Emily said...

Darn, you look great! All belly, nothing else, and it's not fair--I always seem to expand from any number of places, especially in the facial region! I really enjoyed your reminisces about each of your 3 "born" boys, you are a sweet Mom--I could probably use some lessons in good attitude about motherhood from you! Good Luck these last few weeks, can't wait to see baby Miles!

Nate and Kristin said...

Meredith! Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I told my mom that she has to let me know when she finds out you had him because I really want to go with her to see you guys! We can't wait. If you need anything let me know~

Steve & Brenda said...

These are some great thoughts and feelings Mere. Thanks for sharing them with us all. Time seems to go by faster the older we get-I don't like that very much. It will be fun to have Miles here and get to know him too.