Monday, January 4, 2010

Go Jazz!

Mitchel and Max are both playing Jr. Jazz this season for the first time (a post about that later) and one of the things they get for playing is free Jazz tickets. Because Mike is also the coach of Max's team, we got a few extra so we could take the whole family. We went to the first home game of the New Year against the Denver Nuggets.
Even Miles joined us for the game and he did pretty well. Some of the music was too loud for him though. As you can see from these next photos, our seats were just about as high as you can get in the ESA, but every seat is a good seat when it's free right!
We had a blast, especially since the Jr. Jazz ticket also came with a free hot dog and drink (and Mom snuck in popcorn and candy for all of us). We clapped, danced, and yelled "Defence" all we could, but unfortunately it wasn't enough and the Jazz still lost by 10 points. Oh well. It was a fun time shared with all my boys!
My dream is that one day, one of them will get to play in the NBA so they can repay their parents for all the blood, sweat, and tears we put into raising them and Mike and I can retire and spend our life watching basketball. I'll keep dreaming....but you never know!

5 comments:

Kara Klc said...

That's a great retirement dream! I would love to have rich kids to take care of me when I'm old too. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Andrew and I haven't gone to a jazz game for quite a few years. It just might be time again!

Christy Smith said...

How fun! I bet the boys loved it! Looks like you guys had a rockin new year's eve, too. So fun! Your kids have some awesome grandparents.

DottieLou said...

how fun for you .... Randy would love to see the Jazz.. but I sooooooo hate basketball that I don't ever by him tickets or take them when offered at work... because I dont want to have to go with him...

Steve & Brenda said...

Luckies! That is a great deal with the Jr. Jazz. Can I play still? Well Mere, you better keep on dreaming and hope for something more realistic. I'm glad you all had a fun time at the game! Go Jazz...Jr. Jazz too!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I'm still waiting for one of OUR kids to strike it rich and take care of US!! (Actually, I'll be happy if all our kids can just take care of THEMSELVES!) Love you. MOM