Friday, January 8, 2010

A Wonderful Life

I am attempting right now to take all of my blog posts from 2009 and turn them into a scrapbook. A few weeks ago I went back and read all of my old blog posts from start to finish. Guess what I discovered? I have an awesome, blessed, and amazing life! As I looked back at all my posts, most of them focused on all the good times I've had over the year with my family. How lucky I am to have four amazing little boys to raise, teach, and love! How grateful I am to have a husband who loves and supports me and is the kind of man I want my boys to grow up to be. I love spending time with my family and just being around them. I love watching them grow and learn. I love seeing their excitement in everyday things, and that in turn makes me excited too.

I also noticed that so many of my family's most important occasions were celebrated with our extended family as well. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family and support system with my parents, Mike's parents, siblings, and my children's cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandparents all living so close to us. I love that we get to spend holidays, birthdays, baby blessings, barbecues, Superbowls, Sunday dinners, baptisms, school programs, church events, and all other significant (and not so significant) times with all of our family.

I also discovered that the things that make me the happiest are the simple things. The little things my kids do or say, the fun, inexpensive things we do as a family, or the times when we are just being together for no reason at all other than just to be together.

I really do have a wonderful life and I am grateful for every moment of everyday! I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store!

Here is an example of one of my pages I made from my blog.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful critique of the past year, Mere. You DO have a wonderful life - we ALL do. The trick is to be grateful for the simple, everyday blessings, and to be content with what we're given.
For me, that's the secret of a happy life.
Love you. MOM

Steve & Brenda said...

That is an awesome idea Mere! A blog really is just like a modern-day journal, so making a memory of all that has happened in one of your creative scrapbooks only makes sense. We really are a blessed people and have been given so very much. I am glad we are part of that with you all.

Ashlee said...

Enjoy the simple life. I love it! And you are a wonderful mom and friend!