Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day for me is really just another Sunday where I have to get everyone ready for church. So as much as I would love to lounge around in my PJs and do nothing, it didn't happen. Instead I was giving baths, ironing clothes, making breakfast, doing dishes, and yelling at everyone to get ready for church. So just another typical day at the Harker household. But we did make it to church and while there, my boys made me these super cute flowers. They handed them to me after Relief Society. (a combined meeting with the YW that I had to leave halfway through because Miles was being too noisy. Mike was teaching the Sunbeams which is why I had him) They all smiled and said, "I love you Mom," then grabbed them back and turned them into guns with sound effects, while walking down the hall, shooting each other. (More yelling by me) When we got home, I was able to put Miles down for a nap, send the boys off to play on the computer, and I read the Sunday newspaper. All of it! That night we all went to Aunt Tracy's to have dinner.
Just so you know, I have the best Moms in the entire world. It goes without saying that my own Mom is amazing, but how lucky was I to also get the best Mother-In-Law in the entire world too. They are both such great women and examples to me. They love my children with all their hearts and spend many hours babysitting them so I stay sane. I am so grateful to have both of them in my life and I love them more than I could ever say.
Happy Mother's Day to the best Moms on the planet!
P.S. as a side note, I also want my kids to know how much I love being their Mom. I'm not always the most patient, I yell way to much, and I have a lot I could be doing better, but I hope they always know how much I love them. This mom job is a lot harder than it looks but I am grateful for it everyday. I love my boys more than they will ever know and they are the sunshine in my life. So Happy Mother's Day to me too!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ha! Boys, flowers, I Love You's, weapons- yep, you're the MOTHER of BOYS!! At least you got to read the newspaper! Thanks for making MY Mother's Day so nice. I love the photo collage, and the song you all sang.

DottieLou said...

loved having you in R/S.. and he was not that noisy ... take care ---- and this to shall pass

Nate and Kristin said...

Meredith, I absolutely love you! Reading your post made me laugh for a second, then I realized wait, I'm a mother to a boy too and I started picturing Braxton in a couple of years doing the exact same thing! I totally understand the crazy Sunday Mother's Day's. Not from my own experience yet, but from watching my mom while growing up! I think Mother's day should be celebrated on Saturday so you don't have to do anything to get anyone ready for anything! You can all just sit around in your PJ's all Day!

You are one great mom! All your boys (mike encluded) are so lucky to have you!