Thursday, July 7, 2011

Important June Events

The end of June was jam packed with so many amazing events for me and my family. All of them happened the same week as Trek, so it was probably the busiest week of my life, but also one of the most amazing. On Thursday, June 24th, my brother-in-law Matt married Holly in the Draper, Utah temple. Matt was never one to date very much, at it was getting to the point where we all wondered if he would ever pursue marriage. Then one night he was introduced to Holly and he fell head over heals in love. For the next few months he turned into a totally different Matt then we had ever seen before. His romantic side came busting out and he did all he could to win her over and to agree to marry him. We are so excited to have Holly join our family. I will no longer be the only Harker daughter-in-law. I was filming the whole event so eventually, they will have a lovely wedding video to remember their amazing day.
Holly loves bright colors so these are the outfits my boys wore to the wedding and reception. Aren't they the most handsome boys you have ever seen? Yeah, I thought so!
The next day, Friday June 25th, was Miles' 2nd birthday. He has such a personality!! He can be the most stubborn pill one minute and the cutest sweetheart the next. He is so funny and silly and yet can cry and wine his way into getting what ever he wants. He definitely keeps me on my toes!

For his birthday, he got some new pajamas and a Slip and Slide. Of course we had to test it out right away.

That same day, was a HUGE surprise birthday party for my mother-in-law Pat's 60th birthday. The Harker kids had been planning this party for months. All the family from everywhere, neighbors, and friends of Pat were invited. Mike was able to get all the tables, chairs, linens, a snowcone machine, and a dunking booth from Diamond. His sisters decorated everything with pictures of Pat's life. I made a slide show movie showing Pat from a baby until now. Kari made a book with letters from all her family telling her how much we love and appreciate her. We had dinner and a DJ too. It was an amazing party and Pat was totally surprised.

(I have a way cute picture of Pat with her cool cake, but for some reason I can't get it to load here on my blog!)

And last, but not least, after 2 years, one month, and two weeks, I got my braces off!!!! It feels so good and eating has gotten fun again! I love my new smile and of course now it all seems worth it. But I really did hate every minute of having braces. Its good to feel like myself again and not always be worried if I have leftover food stuck in my teeth. Love it!!


So June was a killer, but so full of some amazing events and memories. I am glad I have tons of pictures to remember it all because really, it was kind of a big blur.

1 comment:

Claire said...

You have a nice blog. Try to visit my blog too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks