Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mason's 5th Birthday

My little sunshine, Mason, broke his promise to me. He promised he would stay 4 forever and now look what he has done! He's gone ahead and turned 5!! He woke up to a great morning of presents from Mom and Dad and the traditional birthday pancakes with candles.
He got some pretty fun stuff.

The "weapons" were of course his favorite.

That evening we threw a family party for both him and Miles, since Miles' birthday got overshadowed by the big surprise birthday party we threw for Pat in June. Mason was happy to share his special day with his little brother.


Tracy is our one family member who has a house big enough to fit us all in, and she is so willing to let us use it for our family parties.


Once again, I am so grateful that both sides of our family live so close. Everyone was able to come to help us celebrate.


Each boy got their own cake to make a birthday wish.


Miles knows how to eat cake!!!


I sure do love these two! I tried to get Mason to promise that he would stay 5 forever, but he told me, "Mom, I can't. I have to get bigger." I do love watching them grow, but I sure wish it wasn't happening so fast.

2 comments:

DottieLou said...

He is so cute... they all are.

Stephanie said...

I wish ALL your boys could stay 4 or 5 yrs. old! I HATE having them grow up...Mason is so sweet and gentle, and Miles is so feisty and funny, and I LOVE them both dearly. Really they ALL are just too cute for words!
I love the new family photo at the beginning of your blog!