Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School

Is summer really over? School started so early this year (Aug. 22) and it really felt like our summer was cut short. Oh well. Everyone was excited to go back and begin another year of academic growth. Mitchel is in 5th grade this year. It blows my mind because I can remember my fifth grade year like it was yesterday. I was so boy crazy by then, I had the most fabulous teachers, and that was the year I knew I would also be a school teacher someday. I hope Mitchel loves it as much as I did.
Mitchel's teacher is Ms. Miller. He also will rotate into Ms. Laver's class for some of the subjects. His cute friend Hayden is in his class so that will make it nice for him.

Of all my kids, Max was the most excited to go back to school. He is so social and loves being around people. He is also very smart and loves to learn. Max is in 2nd grade this year. He is by far the tallest and most people think he is in 3rd or 4th. His teacher is Mrs. Duckworth. Mitchel had her too and we absolutely love her! She is so kind and caring and fun. I love how she makes the kids feel and she gives them so much confidence in themselves. He is going to have a great year with her.


My sunshine Mason started Kindergarten this year. I had him all signed up to go to morning Kindergarten, then my principal wanted me to switch to working in the afternoon. Luckily, Mason had qualified for the "advanced" Kindergarten and they wanted him in that class in the afternoon.

He was so excited to go and be like his big brothers.

His teacher is Mrs. Andrews. She is a short little lady who loves these little Kindergartners. (The sun was shining right in their faces when I took this picture.)

And I had my first day of school too. Like I said, I switched to afternoons, but I'm not sure what I will be doing yet. The 4th and 5th grade teachers are trying to decide how they want to use me the best, so we shall see. My classroom is all ready though for whatever they throw at me. So another year begins. I hope we all have success and learn a lot. School is a great place to be!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

BACK TO SCHOOL already?? That was a fast and busy summer for you and your family. Glad you got to do so many fun things, and spend some time in the mountains and deserts and the water! I don't think you could have crammed in one more adventure! Have a great school year EVERYONE-and I'll see Miles every Wednesday. Can't wait!! LOVE HIM! Grandma M.

Emily said...

What cute school boys! What do you do at your school? So nice that it's part time.

Unknown said...

They are all so handsome! We need to get together, our boys would love it! Good luck teaching math!!!