Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Summer Fun

Oh how time flies when you're having fun! This summer has felt like the fastest one yet! I can't believe it will be over in a week. Here are some of the things we have been doing these last few weeks.

On the 24th of July, I ran the Deseret News 10K. This is my favorite race because I love the course. This is right before the finish line where I am sprinting with all my might. I came in with a time of 57 minutes. I was pretty happy with that and I felt great!
Then I met my family along the parade route to watch the parade. One of my favorite traditions.

This year my stake had a float in the parade. One of my young woman got to ride on it for this parade and I was out in the street yelling and cheering for her. Our stake won the animation award.

That night, my Dad had two extra tickets to the Bees game so I took Max who is becoming quite the lover of the game. He asked about all the rules and was really interested the whole game. There were fireworks afterward which was fun.

The first Tuesday of August we took advantage of the $2 Tuesdays down at Thanksgiving Point. We went after lunch to the gardens and so it really wasn't even very crowded.

Another afternoon we used my City Deals coupon I had bought months ago to go to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. Miles loved seeing all the "real" dinosaurs and hear all the noises they make.


We also went to the Herriman/Riverton "Beach" one afternoon. My kids loved digging in the sand and splashing around while I sat on the beach and read a book. Very relaxing! Until the clouds rolled in and it started to rain, so our trip was cut a little short.



All of these events took place in the first week of August. We then packed up and left for Yellowstone for a week, so that will be my next post. We've had some fun and I am glad the boys are still at an age where they will hang out with their mother. I don't know how many more summers I'll get like this, so I am grateful for the time I do get to spend with my boys. They are awesome!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

All your pictures make summer look like so much fun! It will be hard to go back to the routine of school! But I think you filled up Summer with great times and happy memories.