Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yellowstone!

I wish I was eloquent enough to describe our trip to Yellowstone and all the beautiful, amazing, inspiring, fun, and amazing things we were able to see and do. But since I'm not, I will let some of my pictures do the talking.



We are so grateful and lucky that Grandma and Grandpa Harker came on this trip with us. Not only are they so much fun to be with, they make rounding up the boys much easier for me and the boys love being with them.

Miles was pretty lucky. He got rides from Dad almost every where we went.



We love playing in the rivers at Yellowstone. They are at least 20 degrees warmer than the water in Utah rivers and lakes because of all the heated water that gets poured into them by the thermal features.

My one shot of Old Faithful. Actually not even one of my favorite features in Yellowstone. We saw other geysers, hot pots, hot springs, and steam vents that are even more impressive.

One afternoon they offered a Jr. Ranger "Animal Olympics" for the kids. They competed against animals in holding their breath, jumping, running, balancing, smell, staring, and other activities.



Mammoth



Cooling off with a sweet treat. We got ice cream almost every where we went. Very yummy!



We hiked our boys to death, and they loved it. This was by far our longest hike to Fairy Falls, 5 miles round trip.



And this is my favorite thermal feature called "Dragon's Breath." It totally sounds and looks like a dragon could be living in this cave.

For our last lunch we decided to splurge and went into a little town just North of Yellowstone. I had my very first buffalo burger. It tasted like a really good hamburger, but cost more.


Yellowstone might be one of my favorite places on earth. It was a wonderful week full of great adventures, good company, fabulous food, cool temperatures, beautiful sites, and memories that will last forever (with the 120 pictures that I took). It was the perfect way to end our summer.

5 comments:

Laurie D. said...

Yellowstone is definitely one of my favorite places. It's so beautiful. I could go back every year if we didn't have other trips we wanted to take. I'm glad you had a great time.

Pat Harker said...

Thanks for letting us tag along on the trip to Yellowstone. We had so much fun. Your boys are great little campers, and it's fun to see them earn their Junior Ranger badges everywhere we go camping. Can't wait for the next trip. Love ya all, Grandma Harker

Stephanie said...

Yellowstone is a beautiful, inspiring, and amazing place! Dad and I have ALWAYS loved going there. I'm so glad now YOU and your family LOVE it, too!

Stephanie said...

How come it says I'm UNKNOWN?? You know me!! MOM

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.