Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Awesome 32nd Birthday!

Unlike some adults, I absolutely love my birthday. I think it's because my Mom always made our birthdays special growing up, so it never occurred to me to stop making them special. Well, this one was really cool because I turned it into a whole birthday weekend. It started on Thursday night when my sister Tracy had gotten some tickets to the "Executive Suite" at the Jazz game. This is the one suite where they serve you a huge buffet dinner including shrimp, salads, fruit, prime rib, soup, potatoes, and crab legs. Then at half time you can choose from about 7 different desserts. Plus you get all the drinks you want. She had to take a client too, but I was lucky enough to be her "date". Then on Friday night, Mike and I went out for a date of our own. We had dinner at the "Macaroni Grill." (One of my favorite places.) While we were waiting for our table, we went over to a book store to look at "M" baby names. Not much luck there, but we'll keep looking.
While we were out at dinner, my Mom and Dad were watching our kids. Mitchel explained to Grandma that their Play Station had been in time out for a while because the toy room was so messy and they hadn't cleaned it up when I asked them to. So my Mom and Dad brought them back to my house and helped them clean up the whole room! So when we picked the kids up that night and were driving home Mitchel said, "When we get home, will you come downstairs for a minute?" And I said, "Why?" And then Max said, "Because maybe there will be a miracle." So when I came home and went downstairs, it was a miracle. The toy room looked great. My boys were so excited to show me and were jumping up and down with huge grins on their faces. It was such an awesome surprise and one of the best presents ever. So thanks boys (and especially Grandma and Grandpa!)Then on Sunday night, my Mom had a birthday dinner for me at her house with the rest of the family. Even Max and Pat Harker were there. It was really fun to have everyone together. (See I told you my Mom makes a big deal out of our birthdays!)

Monday of course was my real birthday, so I decided to get a substitute and take the day off work. Mason and I went shopping for a new shirt and had a bagel breakfast at Einsteins together while Max and Mitchel were in school. Then Mike met us at Marie Calenders for lunch. By then it was time to go to the doctor's office for the ultrasound (you already know how that turned out!) When I got home from the doctor's, there was this huge balloon bouquet tied onto my front door. Tracy had come over and put it there to congratulate me on my fourth boy. That was awesome! (She was really hoping I was having a girl, so she was a little disappointed.)

That night, we went as a family to a place called "Jumping Jacks." There are a bunch of bounce houses and slides and stuff. We had a blast and Mitchel and Max were sweating buckets by the time we were done.
So here I am now at 32 and honestly I have to say that I have the best life ever! I am so blessed and have so many wonderful and amazing people in my life. I love that I am a Mom to three of the most awesome and fun boys on this planet and I can't wait to add one more. I am so grateful for Mike and how he loves me and shows it in so many ways. I love my calling in the Young Womens and feel like they are my "adopted" daughters. I love my job and am grateful that I've had the opportunity to teach this year. I love my ward and the great friends I have in it. I love that I live close to my family. I feel like my testimony and faith have grown so much stronger this past year and I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me all the time. I am so grateful for all of you and I can't wait to see what this next year in my life brings!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Happy happy happy happy happy Birthday!!! I am so happy that you had such a good day...weekend! And that you are so happy, you're amazing you know that???! I am so sorry I haven't put your link on my blog yet. If Jon would ever let me use the only compute we have right now...his laptop. I promise, it would have been on by now and my blog would be more updated! It's going on right now!!!
The house thing is moving along but you just never know what peoples funding will do. I don't want to get my hopes up but we did put an offer in on a house in Saratoga Springs. We'll let you know! Congrats on the boy, that's awesome!