Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break Staycation

I love having this time off school. It reminds me how easily I could get used to just being a "Stay-At-Home" Mom. So I wanted to at least go out and do some fun things with my kids with the time off. On Thursday I took them downtown to the "Discovery Gateway" Children's Museum. That place costs a fortune (I think) but luckily I had 2 buy 1 get 1 free coupons. We played for about three hours. I think my kids are at the perfect age for this place. The Ball Tubes were the biggest hit. We spent a lot of time just putting as many balls as we could in all the different tubes and watching them go.
Mason is going to be a speed demon someday!

This was Mitchel's favorite thing. There are a bunch of pipes with magnets on the back that you hook together on this huge magnetic wall to make a track for your ping-pong ball to go through. Mitchel loves building stuff and seeing how it all fits together so he could have spend forever building different tracks.
Friday, our plan was to go down to Temple Square to take pictures with all the flowers, but the weather wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped and the kids didn't really seem that excited about that activity, so instead we had some neighbor kids come over to ride bikes and do sidewalk chalk. Meanwhile, I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen. So fun stuff for me!

Saturday morning was the Taylorsville Easter egg hunt. We rolled out of bed and went in our PJs. All three of my kids had different strategies. Mason just stood there and cried. (He said all the kids running scared him) Mitchel was very selective and only picked up candy bars. Max just wanted the most so he picked up every piece of hard taffy he could find, which was a lot, but when we got home, I just threw it all away.
So even though we didn't get to go on a "vacation" we still enjoyed our time off school! It makes me excited for summer when we can slow down and just enjoy being together.

3 comments:

Kara Klc said...

I love the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum! So much in fact that we buy passes for it. I would highly recommend that. I got my money's worth within two visits! Plus it is so nice on the times that we would go and only be able to stay for 30 minutes or so. I didn't feel like I was wasting my money. That is Nikki's most favorite place to go too!

Emily said...

Hurray for time-off! And for staying close to home, less work and stress that way. Owen and Eden both really loved the children's museum, such a great place!

DottieLou said...

good for you to brave the egg hunt... I thought there would be to many people and Riley would get trampled... so we did not go