Saturday, May 9, 2009

Just an update

So Mason is finally doing much better. He threw up the last time on Thursday morning and has gradually starting eating again and getting his color and energy back. The carpet and couch cleaners are scheduled to come on Wednesday! Mike is doing well. He has stayed home from work this whole week and tried to keep his foot elevated as much as he could. He is the coach of Max's soccer team, so today he decided to go and coach. He hopped up and down the field on his crutches and one leg as best he could and Max's team did win 6-0. Then he came home and rested the rest of the day. He is planning on staying home from church tomorrow though because he has no church pants to fit over his huge leg and there really is no where comfortable at church for him to sit with his leg up anyway. Since Mike couldn't do it, I went out today and got my own Mother's Day gifts, 3 pairs of sandals. A black pair, a brown pair, and a white pair from KOHLS. I won't be expecting any breakfast in bed tomorrow either. Mitchel also had a piano recital today and played two songs. One of them was "Star Wars" which was a duet with his teacher. He did great! I'm hoping that he will keep it up (and that I won't go insane getting him to practice. I also filmed a wedding and reception this weekend for a couple in my ward. The flowers at Temple Square were so beautiful and made for some awesome video. I have four more weddings scheduled starting the last weekend in May and then one a week the first 3 weekends in June. My last one is for June 18th so hopefully Miles will cooperate and stay in there till I'm done with all of those. I just went to the doctor on Wednesday and I am measuring about a week early which would put me around June 25th. My last day for teaching first grade reading is May 28th and I'm looking forward to having school over. I have absolutely loved doing it this year, but I'm ready for summer! Anyway, all is going well and life just keeps flying by.

3 comments:

Emily said...

You're right, Little Miles, needs to cook awhile longer! I think that's pretty cool you do wedding videos, I should have had you do one for us--maybe you weren't even doing them back then though?
Glad to hear that the sick house is slowly returning to normal...hopefully it stays that way for a long time!

The Vance Family said...

Wow, you are one busy woman!!! Pretty amazing what you are able to accomplish!

Nate and Kristin said...

It was so fun to see you at the wedding! And again, you looked so cute! Talking about videos, Thank you so much for doing ours! I love it!! Any time anyone goes over to Hollies, who might not have seen it, she tries to talk them into watching it!! It makes me cry every time! It's so fun to hae the live shots at everything!! Thanks for spending so much time with us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!