Sunday, May 17, 2009

Max is a graduate!!

Congratulations to Max! He graduated from preschool yesterday. He has been attending Jacque's Preschool this year and has loved every minuted of it. They put on the cutest program last night with songs and poems. Max was absolutely adorable and sang his heart out.
I love that Max towers over the other kids. He is at least a head taller than everyone. It made it really easy to get some good video and pictures of him. Not that I am biased or anything, but Max was the cutest kid up there! (The fact that he had just lost one of his front teeth made him even more adorable!)
At the end of the program, they showed a video of the whole year. The last song they put on was a song by Micheal McLean called "Together Forever." That must have touched Max's heart, because when I gathered him up and hugged him, he just started crying. It was so sweet. I asked him why he was crying and he just said how much he would miss Preschool. He is such a social, sweet, fun kid and apparently quite sentimental. He made lots of friends and learned a lot. So in the picture above, you'll notice his red eyes and cheeks from crying. I love this photo!!
These were his two teachers, Mrs. Chris and Mrs. Carol. They were so caring and loving and Max thought they were"The Best!" He loved that he was almost as tall as Mrs. Chris. They were great ladies and have really prepared Max for his transition to Kindergarten.
I am a little sad that this is the end of Max being "little." Now he has to start his 13+ years of formal education and I have to let him go into the big, bad world of elementary school. I've loved that he missed the deadline and got to stay home an extra year. I wish he could stay five forever! He really is my sunshine and he brings so much joy into my world.
I love you Max!!!

6 comments:

DottieLou said...

very cute

Emily said...

He really DOES look like the sweetest most sensitive kid...I can't get over how tall he is, he looks much older than a preschooler because of it! The fact that he cried during the picture slideshow is almost too much for me to handle, what a sweetheart!

Steve & Brenda said...

Way to go Max! You are a terrific student. Kindergarten will be blessed to have you next fall. You are a cutie Max and we Love YOU!
Aunt Brenda & Uncle Steve

Stephanie said...

Oh, how I love Max! We have had some wonderful conversations on the rides to preschool this year. Max, you are sweet, smart and imaginative - and you have a smile that melts my heart.I will miss seeing you every Mon.-Thurs morning! I love you.
Grandma Miller

Kari said...

Hooray for Max! Congrats!! Gosh he is getting tall! Good grief what are you feeding that kid?!

Adrianne Miller said...

Chips and Waffles. The diet of champions! Good job Max! We love you!