Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sisters and Friends

The best thing about my sister, Tracy, is that she is also my best friend. Growing up, I was the pain in her side and always wanted to do everything she did. We fought a lot and had many hair pulling, clawing with fingernails, and yelling fights. But luckily, all that changed when we went to college together. We both decided to attend Weber State and that changed our relationship forever. If finally felt like I wasn't the "little sister" anymore and instead we were more on the same level. We lived together, studied together, had the same roommates, played together and really got to know each other as women, not just sisters. That was awesome. Our lives have changed a lot since then, but Tracy and I have remained best friends. I am so grateful for that.
She is seriously one of the most talented people I know. She is amazing at her job and so successful at what she does. She has such an eye for decorating and arranging things so that they look good. I love it when she comes to my house and rearranges my furniture or art work or whatever. It always looks so much better than how I had it. She is also very giving of her time and means to help me and my family. She babysits my boys or lets them have sleepovers at her house so Mike and I can have a much needed date. She takes me out to lunch or will give me some extra cash when I just don't have any at the time. And she shares in her "perks" that she gets from her jobs with Mike and I. For example, she gets to take clients to Jazz games a few times a year. She had tickets for the game on Thanksgiving and took Mike with her, then took me to the game on Saturday. (At the Jazz game)
(on Thanksgiving)
(Helping me decorate my Christmas tree, using some old decorations of hers that she donated to my cause.)
So Tracy, I just wanted you to know how thankful I am for you. Thanks for listening to me, laughing with me, helping me, teaching me, hanging out with me, encouraging me, supporting me and just being there always. I love that we are not only sisters, but friends too.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a nice tribute to your sister, Mere. I know she is glad to have you, too! And I'M blessed to have you BOTH!
MOM

Steve & Brenda said...

I am so glad to have two awesome sisters who share themselves with each other. Yes, things have changed over time...but for the better. I am proud to call myself your brother.

Laurie D. said...

Lucky, lucky girl. I wish I had a sister to hang out with like that.

My camera is a Nikon D70. But, I have to tell everyone that I do a lot of photo editing in photo shop because my camera skills aren't all that great yet. I just bought a new lens that I'm trying to get used to, but it does turn out some nice photos.

Tracy said...

A whole blog post just about me... ahhh, so nice and unexpected! Thanks Mere. Love you too.