Saturday, December 5, 2009

Missing Person

Please help find 32 year old woman who used to be organized, punctual, neat, sane, and "had it all together." She has been missing for a few months now and is missed very much by her owner. She used to live by the motto "A place for everything and everything in it's place." It has now been replaced with, "I have no idea where anything is," and "what are all these piles of crap doing everywhere?" She used to get everything done with time to spare. Now she lives by the skin of her teeth and hopes that somehow, everything will come together at the last minute. She used to get bored sometimes. Now days go by and she has no idea where the time has gone and has nothing to show for all the hours she spent doing whatever it was that she was doing. She used to remember events and could keep track of everything. Now, she frequently forgets appointments or events or lessons or anything else that is not written on the calender. She used to live in a clean house. Now the garage, basement, every closet, every cupboard, and every drawer is jam packed with "stuff" that may or may not be important. She used to never go anywhere without her makeup on and hair fixed. She was recently spotted at her child's school in her pajamas and slippers and went to a wedding reception with hair in a matted pony tail and only mascara on for makeup. She used to have plenty of time to scrapbook, work on home movies, watch T.V. and take naps. She now finds time to check her email and facebook accounts and Yahoo new stories, but not much else. She used to think that a dirty bathroom was the worst sin a wife could make. Now it can be weeks before the sinks and toilets get a needed scrub and the bathmats only get washed when they no longer look white. She used to love going to movies with her husband. She can't remember the last movie they saw together.

Anyway, she is missing, and if anyone knows where she is or when she'll be back, will you be sure to let me know? Thanks!
-Meredith

8 comments:

Laurie D. said...

Good to have some company in my world. I keep thinking my organized self will return, but it has yet to happen. I have gone to two movies with my husband though in the past three weeks. That is a major achievement for us. You'll be back, and better than ever. I have no doubt.

Emily said...

Hmmmm, 18 years from now maybe?!

Stephanie said...

The Meredith I know and love is alive and well, and living her life with enthusiasm and joy...so what if things are a little unorganized and crazy! Just enjoy the journey.
MOM

Adrianne Miller said...

Ha! It took you 4 kids to become this? It took me one kid to become this. Which means I will probably be missing for the next 15+ years.

The Mather's said...

I saw her yesterday at my house! She was here with 4 cute little boys. They are so lucky to have her for a mom. She spends lots of time with them doing all kinds of fun things. Just check out her blog for proof. After she left here, she was going to spend time with her "other children." The young women that she spends countless hours praying and planning for and worrying about. She may be at the gym keeping herself healthy and in great shape! Or, possibly she's at school helping other people's children to learn. Hmmm, I can't imagine why she thinks her life is a little disorganized. Sometimes other things become more important than a home that is perfectly organized with "a place for everything." Meredith you are amazing and such an inspiration to me as I watch you do so much and do such a great job at all of it!! Hang in there!!

DottieLou said...

lol... you had baby #4 after I had Zach it was months before I could get dressed before 1 in the afternoon... it will come.. you busy girl you ... hang in there.. hehe I will just drop Riley off you wont even notice... well maybe the blonde hair might be a tip off. take care

Steve & Brenda said...

You are awesome Mere-I find no flaws in your disorganization. It's refreshing to see someone like you, so dedicated to her family and the Lord. Keep doing what you're doing sis.

Ivy said...

Meredith, I don't know if you remember me, I'm Ivy - Heather Shepherd's sister. I recently started stalking your blog (I found it on Heather's).

I loved this post!! I have felt this same way for, well, a long time now. It was refreshing to know I wasn't alone in how I felt!

Keep up the good blogging :) You have a beautiful family by the way!