Sunday, December 20, 2009

Random Houses

What do you do with old Halloween candy and a box of graham crackers? Make random, hodge-podge "gingerbread" houses of course! (I use the term gingerbread lightly). We spent Friday after school decorating our masterpieces. They looked HORRIBLE but the kids had fun and I got all the Halloween candy used up! So it was a success for everyone. (Except now they won't let me throw them away and they are cluttering up my counter top and are quite ugly to look at). Look at the concentration!
All done!

Mason just wanted to use as much candy as possible. The red laffy taffy on top is supposed to be fire!
Mitchel made a "spy" house complete with a diving board off the roof and a protective tootsie roll fence.
Max's had dynamite on top and fire coming out of his roof as well.
Watching these guys make this reminded me that I am surrounded by BOYS! Everything about what they did was so random and either had to do with guns or blowing things up or fire. There was no thought given to beauty or symmetry or matching colors or anything like that. Oh well. It was a fun, Christmasy thing to do.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't think the houses look horrible! I think they look creative and fancy!
MOM

Emily said...

I love boys! And gingerbread houses! And leftover candy!

Laurie D. said...

I think they look great! What a fun project to do, and much easier than the stupid store-bought one I got for my kids. They aren't really skilled enough to do those prepackaged ones. I'm impressed that you had leftover Halloween candy. That doesn't happen at our house.