Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!

At the beginning of the Christmas season, I have to admit I was kind of a Scrooge. I wasn't looking forward to getting out the mess of the tree or shopping or any of the Christmas things. Well, it's a good thing I have Mitchel. He got me out of my funk right away by playing Christmas music as loud as he could and begging to put up the tree. My sister came over to help us and this is by far my favorite Christmas tree we have ever had! That really got me into the spirit. Then we've really simplified and stuck to only 3 gifts per kid this year and that has helped me feel less stressed about shopping. And then I remembered all the wonderful gifts I already have, like these adorable little boys who make me smile EVERY day! If they were all I had in this world, I would be happy.
I have to say that most the time, I hate that our front yard is a hill, until it snows! I love that my kids can go sledding right in our own front yard and I can just watch out the window toasty warm in my house. They have such a great time. And this last storm, I actually got out there and joined them. It was so fun!
Another favorite tradition is Grandma Miller's famous cookie party. All the cousins got together to frost and decorate yummy sugar cookies and then ate themselves silly. My kids would rather spend time with Grandma Miller and their cousins then anyone else in the world, so we had a great time.
Their decorating skills sure have improved over the last couple of years. It used to be just one crazy mess, but now their cookies look good enough to eat.
I also went to Temple Square to see the lights with the YM/YW and hope to get my family down there before Christmas is over. It really is a great time of year and my Scrooge attitude has completely disappeared! Only 10 days to go!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Your tree looks great, your babies are adorable, and your Mom is super fun!

Steve & Brenda said...

Fab tree Mere along with your cute holiday spirited boys. Count your blessings..name them one by one.
What a fun time of year and way to go limiting the stress, that's very "wise man" of you sis.

Adrianne Miller said...

I love their matching bibs.

DottieLou said...

funny how we think of it a mess .. until it is up and then we love it . I have purchased the bulk of Riley's on Amazon ... heck I love Amazon so fast and free shipping (got Randy's there too).. and I can shop at work .. dont tell my boss lol

Supershepherds said...

I'm glad the scrooge got chased away. I loved your christmas card. Merry Christmas Mere.