Monday, March 1, 2010

Jr. Jazz

The Players
The Fans

The Trophy
This was both Mitchel's and Max's first season playing Jr. Jazz and they both loved it! Mitchel was on the 3rd grade league, and lets face it, his team was not very good. But Mitchel was just learning and was getting the hang of dribbling, guarding, passing, and running up and down the court 100 times, so it was all good. His coach told him he was the "most improved" player on the team. He played at Eisenhower Jr. High and that brought back some fun memories of my Jr. High years.
Mike got to coach Max's team and they both had a lot of fun. Max is pretty aggressive, and of course the tallest Kindergartner out there, so he did pretty well. The only thing I didn't like were his games were all at 8:00 a.m. every Saturday morning, so it will be nice to be able to sleep in again on Saturdays.
I'm glad they both got a chance to play. Mitchel has signed up again to play basketball through Taylorsville Rec center and Max has chosen to play Taylorsville Baseball this spring. Mason is dying to play 3 year old soccer.
I hope they all continue to like sports. It's a lot of fun for me as their mom to see them try new things and learn new skills.

4 comments:

Emily said...

With 4 boys, I'm sure this is just the beginning of years of sporting events! How fun! I just signed Owen up for summer soccer, his first year, I hope it's a good experience for us all!

Unknown said...

HaHa, I did the exact same post this morning! Great job boys!!! =)

Christy Smith said...

So fun and cute! Good luck and go Jr. Jazz!

Steve & Brenda said...

Way to go you talented boys! Athletes extrordinaire!!!