Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Out with the old, in with the NEW!

My Sony video camera that I've filmed over eight years of the Harker family, plus over 75 weddings and events, has finally died. It has been an awesome camera and has made it possible for me to have my own business, plus capture countless, precious memories of my kids growing up. So what was I to do? Get a new one of course. The debate was, do I just stick with the old digital technology, or was it time to pay the extra dough and upgrade to an HD camcorder? It is now possible to get a camera like my old one for only around $200-$300 dollars. I think I paid close to $600 or $700 eight years ago. But since the HD technology is relatively new, they are up in the $1000 price range. What to do? What to do? Well this is what my Internet research convinced me to do. UPGRADE! So here is my new Sony HD camcorder.
But this baby doesn't only take video! Oh no! It also has a 12 mega pixel still camera. So this might also replace that camera for me as well. It records up to 100 hours on a hard drive. One of my favorite features is that you can take a still shot while you are filming video at the same time! This will come in very handy while I am filming weddings. It has face recognition and a feature that will take a picture when it catches the person smiling. The LCD screen is 3.2 inches, which is a pretty good size on such a compact camera. I haven't yet learned all that it does, but I am totally excited. My next wedding is March 25th so it will be fun to test it out and compare the quality of this video compared to what I had before. So if you know anyone getting married who would like a video from an experienced and creative videographer, who also has all the latest technology, send them my way okay?!

3 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

That makes me want to get remarried. To Michael of course!

DottieLou said...

fun stuff... i love new gadgets

Steve & Brenda said...

Looks like a swell unit sis!! I hope that it works well for you and puts your talent to good use. Bring on OUR temple date...in HD now!!! Can't wait for that one.