Thursday, March 18, 2010

Going Green

To show my kids that I can be festive, I made them all green, homemade waffles for breakfast on St. Patricks Day. They ended up looking just brown after they were cooked though. Oh well, I tried. Notice I put everything on green plates and had green cups too.
Then we all got on our green shirts.

That was pretty much it for us. Oh, I also made chocolate chip cookies for the kids to take to their teachers that said, "I'm so lucky to have you as my teacher." No one got pinched all day, so that was good.

Speaking of being lucky, I thought I would share some of the things I have been grateful for lately.

1) Our health. My family has been really healthy all winter with not even a cold to mention. Many of my friends have had to deal with sick kids all winter and luckily, my family has stayed free and clear of all the germs.

2) Mike's job. Even though we've experienced some financial downturns, I am so grateful that he is still employed with a company he likes. Too many of our neighbors are out of work right now and I feel blessed that Mike has been able to avoid that so far.

3) My house. It's not as organized or fancy or up to date as I would like, but we have a great place to live. We've been making some fun family memories in this home and I am grateful for a place where I can safely raise my children.

4) Time. I am grateful that Heavenly Father is making it possible for me to have enough time to do what I need to do. Somehow things always work out and I am able to enjoy the little moments of joy and happiness he sends me each day. He is helping me to prioritize and not stress over things that don't really matter.

5) Joy. I get to experience joy everyday of my life, if I choose to see it. There are so many things to be grateful for, and I find when I dwell on those, instead of what I don't have, my life is full of joy. My boys are amazing to me and I love being their mom. I love that we are learning lessons together on how to bring more happiness into our lives. I love watching them grow and achieve and discover how great they are. I love the joy I receive from living the Gospel and trying to do what is right. I am grateful for the tender mercies I am given each day that fill my life with simple peace and joy.

So I would say that I am very "Lucky!"

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

VERY LUCKY, indeed! We ALL are, and thanks for the reminders of the simple blessings in our lives. Love you. MOM

Emily said...

You're perspective and insights always amaze me. You are a very positive person and I should take lessons from you...

Supershepherds said...

What a fun mom. What a blessing to be able to see the blessings in your life. Thanks for the uplift.