Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Harker Boys

When Miles was born, my Mom brought me a photo frame with "The Harker Boys" lettered on the bottom. Inside the frame she put this poem that she had written:
Oh, take this time and cherish it,
the years roll by too fast!
Your four little boys will grow up-
No, childhood isn't meant to last.

This frame can hold a memory
of boys who still are small,
And year after year, another photo,
of Harker boys growing tall.
One day the photo taken
will show four worthy Harker MEN,
And you will joyously remember
back when your life as mom began.
So this is the first official photo of all the Harker boys that I will proudly display in this picture frame. Every time I read this poem I totally bawl my head off. I can't imagine that one day these boys will be men. (that seems like a huge responsibility to me)
Speaking of my cute boys, this is Mason playing "Super Reader". He is turning into quite the little show off and loves making me laugh!

4 comments:

Adrianne Miller said...

The picture of all four of them turned out really cute!

Jenna Lee said...

I love that poem. The picker is so cute

Emily said...

Goll your mom is sweet AND creative! That's a great idea and I'm sure those harker boys will be terrific Harker MEN!

Laurie D. said...

What an awesome gift! Amazing to think that our boys will one day be that big. I still can't imagine it.