Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oh, What do you do in the Summertime?

I had the wonderful opportunity this past week to spend all day Monday at the Heber Valley Camp with our Young Women. This is the third year our ward has gone up there and it is by far one of my favorite places on earth. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay for Monday since I do have a 3 week old baby that needed me at home. But the girls had a very fun and spiritual week with the rest of their awesome leaders. I was able to go back up Thursday night for dinner and testimony meeting and it was wonderful. The Ridgecrest 1st Ward Young Women are the best! We spent a very HOT day at the Zoo this past week too. Miles didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped he would (meaning he didn't just sleep in the stroller the whole time) but the other boys liked it. By the end I was DYING of heat! This is us waiting for the bird show to begin. If you have never seen it, you should because it is really cool.

(Don't we all have pictures of our kids with this cute drinking fountain. I think I even have one of myself when I was a kid)
We have tried to cool off this week in our backyard using the little swimming pool Mason got for his birthday.
(This is just a cute photo of Mason holding crying Miles)

We also went to Murray pool this week to cool off. I LOVE this pool because it is perfectly suited to my kids and it doesn't cost very much. My mom watched Miles for us so we could go and spend a few hours. We all love the water slide and Mitchel can jump off the diving board and swim everywhere. It was a perfect day.

If my house only had central air, I would wish for summer to last a lot longer. I am enjoying having my kids home and just being able to spend time together just doing whatever. We are having a great time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun!! I just got back from girls camp, too. Looks like you are having a great time!! I'll try and give you a call this week. -Julz

Emily said...

Love girls camps, love the zoo, love backyard swimming, and love Miles cry face!

Erica Phillips said...

Meredith- Hey it is Erica Dalby. I have looked at your blog quite a few times (I found it on Jen Merrell's blog list.) It is really fun to read about your cute family. I decided to finally leave a message so that I would not feel like a blog stalker. I love that you just had your 4th boy because I just had my 4th girl 9 months ago! Looks like you are very happy and have a great family.
Erica Dalby Phillips