Thursday, July 2, 2009

We are SO in LOVE!





This has been one of the best weeks of my entire life! It has been such a wonderful, spiritual, amazing week to just hold, love, snuggle, rock, kiss, feed, and get to know Miles. He is a wonderful baby! Already we have established a feeding/sleeping schedule and so far, he has proved to be a wonderful sleeper. Last night he went to bed at 9:00, woke up at 1:30, ate and went right back to sleep. Then woke up at 6:30, ate and went right back to bed. Are you kidding me? All my children have been good sleepers, but I have never had one sleep 5 hours in a row when they were only 1 week old. He is a dream. My other boys have been so sweet and helpful. Mason loves to run and get whatever I need and Mitchel and Max have been awesome by cleaning up after themselves and helping to keep the house in order. Mike also has been so wonderful to take the older kids to the movie or playing games with them so I can just sit and snuggle with Miles. Having a new baby really is one of those times when you can see what a miracle this life is and how grateful we should be for each moment. It also reminds me of how much Heavenly Father loves each of us, because with Miles' birth, I just grew a whole new heart. It's amazing how much you can love each of your children with all your heart and I think that's how Heavenly Father loves each of us. I am so grateful for this week and am looking forward to watching Miles grow!

8 comments:

Nate and Kristin said...

What a cute family you have!! Miles is adorable and he is so big! I can't bleieve it! Congratullations on your new bundle of joy and all the great little helpers you have. Have fun snuggling him!

DottieLou said...

i love those cheeks

Emily said...

Adorable, especially that first picture. I love that your boys are just as enamoured with him as you are! What sweet relationships!

Amanda said...

Congratulations. He's adorable! That's awesome that he's sleeping so well already.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Meredith he is SO ADORABLE!!! I was so bummed that I didn't get to meet him... we all were sick on the way home. But I'm so glad that everything went so well and your boys look so happy!! Congratulations you guys!! We love yah!! -Julz

Pat Harker said...

Meredith, you know Max and I think you are great! Thanks for being such a good mom and wonderful wife for our son. I love your blog. I'm glad you are the mother of 4 boys. They are going to have a great life with you and Mike. Love ya, Pat

Kelly L said...

Congrats! Miles is such a cutie and Meredith you look great! Enjoy your little bundle of joy!

Christy Smith said...

What a cutie! I can't wait to meet him in person...I'll have to come by this week! I'm so glad he's such a good baby and that things have been going so well for you guys. We miss you...see you soon!