Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Fun

Now that Miles is out of me and I can move, and walk, and bend over, (and fit back into my regular pants) I decided it was time to get out and enjoy summer. June kind of passed us by with all the rain and my not being able to do much, but now it's time to play! So on Monday, the boys and I, along with Mitchel's friend Caitlin, went to Liberty park for a picnic and then to play in "The Rivers." The kids had a great time playing in the water while Miles and I found some shade to hang out in. On Tuesday, I had to run an errand up in Sugarhouse, so while we were there we decided to stop and have a picnic and play at Sugarhouse Park.

Then later that afternoon, Aunt Adrianne invited us over to her apartment pool for some swimming with the cousins. I love these pictures with my boys in their goggles. All three of my boys love swimming and jumping off the side and just being little fish. Thanks Adrianne for letting us come over! They loved it!


Hopefully we'll have lots more summer adventures to blog about soon. Today we are just kind of taking it easy at home. (We had one of those newborn baby nights with not a lot of sleep). Happy Summer!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, so CUTE! Looks like SUMMER is officially "ON" for the Harker family! It was a FUN 4th of July! I'm glad we could all be together.
MOM

Emily said...

That pool looks divine! Zero outdoor pools in Fairbanks. I love your fourth of july tradition with both families and duly impressed that you're out and about in full force AND fitting into regular pants! Way to go!

Kristi said...

Way to be "back in the saddle" so soon after Miles was born! I am impressed! Your boys sure are cute!

Steve & Brenda said...

It is great you are out and enjoying the summer season now. The pool looks so refreshing! Ahhh......

Kara Klc said...

Nikki asks to go to the pool everyday! Luckily my in-laws have one so it makes that easy. About Grease though it is the Murray Arts Council that is putting it on and it will be showing at the Murray Amphitheater in Murray Park. We open on July 27. The shows happen Monday, Wednesday and Friday for two consecutive weeks (we are running in conjunction with Nunsense who does their shows on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays). It has been a lot of work but so much fun. I will be glad when it is over though because I totally have been neglecting my church duties!